Level: 100
Main Spec: Fury
Off Spec: Prot
Trade skills: Blacksmithing & Engineering

Have you read and understand the following posts? Yes
- Read This Before Applying
- Ranks
- About Us

Which of the following best describes your raiding goals?

2. Raid consistently in a normal / heroic mode group and maybe some mythic
3. Dedicated to progressing through mythic at whatever rate the group is capable of

I’m picking #2 and #3 because I’m cool with both. I’m not really interested in normal mode except for gearing up for Heroics. Once Heroics are cleared, I’m interested in working on Mythics as far as the guild is capable of. If that's 13/13 M, that's awesome. If it's just 5/13 M, that's awesome too.

Please link your armory profile:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/w ... z/advanced

What is your raid experience?

I have been playing since Vanilla, but focused on PVP back then. I first started raiding in TBC with Kara and Zul'Aman. I was the guild leader of a US Top 100 25m Heroic raiding guild in WotLK (Indestructible-Kel’Thuzad). In Cata, I had two kids so there really wasn’t time to continue hardcore raiding. Consequently, I initially focused on Rated BGs and led a 2k+ team. After that, I joined a casual 10-man Dragon Soul raid group and cleared it on normal. I think we downed several Heroics, but didn’t finish as the group fell apart. I focused entirely on PVP in MoP until SOO launched. When SOO went live, I found a great group via OpenRaid for SOO and we did flex, normal and a few Heroics. After getting Ahead of the Curve, I built a Challenge Mode team from the ground up and cleared everything on Gold. In WoD, I obtained Ahead of the Curve: Blackhand on my guild’s last raid day before the patch, which was super awesome. We got AotC Archimonde a couple months ago.

Why did you leave your previous (current) guild?

Overall, my current guild is great, but there is no interest in doing Mythics. I know from personal experience in WotLK how difficult it is to maintain a strict roster of 25 (or 20) people, so I don’t blame my guild’s officers for having no interest in doing that.

My current guild had traditionally been a normal-only raid guild, but when a handful of new members like myself joined, Heroics became possible. So there are a lot of really nice people, but the roster isn’t really built long-term for Heroic or Mythic progression.

How did you find out about our guild?

OpenRaid

Does anyone in our guild know you?

I don’t believe so; I just found out about you on OpenRaid.

How many alts do you have and is this your main?

This is my main and has been since WotLK. I have a warlock that I play around with occasionally for fun.

What are your play times?

After my kids go to bed, between 8pm and midnight PST, Sunday through Thursday. Friday and Saturday night is reserved for spending time with my wife.

Which of our raid times would you be able to make?

Both raid days, 8pm to 11pm.

Would you be willing to sit out if it is necessary without a fuss?

Yep, I have no problem sitting if necessary.

What website(s) do you use to research your character(s)?

Primarily Icy Veins. The general class info pages are good, but I like to dig through the forums to get more “real world” info on class performance, talent and gear optimization, etc. . .

Have you spent a sufficient amount of time and gold on your gear, gems, and enchants?

Fully gemmed, enchanted, etc. . .

Raiders are expected to use consumables during raids. In the following categories what consumable would you use and why?

- Flask/Elixirs: Greater Draenic Strength for increased attack power.
- Well Fed: +125 Mastery because that is the greatest damage boost for me, as my passive crit is already over 30%.
- Potion: Strength potion for increased attack power.

I also use the rune trinket thingie you get from Tanaan. :)

What is the basic enchanting / gemming strategy for your character?

Mastery, mastery and more mastery.

What is your favorite boss fight and why? What boss haven't you fought that you're looking forward to the most?

I like fights that allow me to use AoE, Charge and Heroic Leap, so Deathwing is probably my favorite of all time. The setting of that encounter was also very unusual, which was a bonus. Blackhand is a close second/tie with Deathwing because I loved jumping up to the balconies and trying to avoid fire.

I don’t have a particular boss I’m looking forward to. I’m more interested in any new challenge right now.

What boss mod(s) do you use?

DBM and Iskar Assist are the only ones I’ve needed in HFC.

What website(s) do you use to proactively research raid encounters?

Icy Veins and YouTube (usually Line of Site Gaming Two Minute Tips and Fatboss).

Is there anything else you want to tell us?

I’m very enthusiastic and do everything I can to improve my personal performance. I maintain prot as my offspec for two reasons. The main reason is to always have a tank available for guild dungeon runs, be it new 100s gearing up or farming valor for raiders. The second reason is in case one of the main tanks can’t make a raid.

I consider myself a very supportive guild member. I don’t cause drama and I never ragequit. I may punch my couch from time to time if I or someone does something stupid, but you’ll never know it. :)

I’m not the best warrior in the world, but I think I am very much above average. Parsing below 75th percentile on non-progression fights is disappointing, and I am usually not satisfied unless I am in the top 85% for my spec and item level.

If possible, I’d love to cross-realm with you guys via OpenRaid for a week or two, see if it’s a good fit for both of us.

Are there any ways that we can improve the application process?

Great process, very thorough yet not overly burdensome.

draven

Re: Pwnytailz [Fury Warrior]

Post by draven » March 3rd, 2016, 6:32 pm

greetings, thanks for the app! everything looks good to me.
Pwnytailz wrote: Which of the following best describes your raiding goals?
2. Raid consistently in a normal / heroic mode group and maybe some mythic
3. Dedicated to progressing through mythic at whatever rate the group is capable of

I’m picking #2 and #3 because I’m cool with both. I’m not really interested in normal mode except for gearing up for Heroics. Once Heroics are cleared, I’m interested in working on Mythics as far as the guild is capable of. If that's 13/13 M, that's awesome. If it's just 5/13 M, that's awesome too.
this is our general approach, we almost never run normal mode mainly due to me being stubborn about such things, but it can be helpful for gearing purposes sometimes. we've gotten through heroics fairly well, but have struggled with numbers for mythics for the entire expansion until we started using openraid.
Pwnytailz wrote: What boss mod(s) do you use?
DBM and Iskar Assist are the only ones I’ve needed in HFC.
you may want to get exorsus raid tools as well since it has a couple useful tools for mythic.
Pwnytailz wrote: Is there anything else you want to tell us?
I may punch my couch from time to time if I or someone does something stupid, but you’ll never know it. :)
no one ever does anything like this, ever, and especially not me ;)
Pwnytailz wrote: If possible, I’d love to cross-realm with you guys via OpenRaid for a week or two, see if it’s a good fit for both of us.
sounds good, i'm not sure if we'll have a spot for gorefiend fun times tonight since we try to take people who were locked tuesday, but there should be a spot for you starting next week. if you don't get the invites or track down the events on open raid, i try to list them there here as well:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5129

Pwnytailz

Re: Pwnytailz [Fury Warrior]

Post by Pwnytailz » March 3rd, 2016, 7:12 pm

Sounds great!