Post by guyute » February 23rd, 2016, 4:12 pm

Name (first name only): Jimmy
Character Name: Guyute
Realm: Azgalor
Class: Warlock
Level: 100
Main Spec: Affliction
Off Spec: Destruction
Trade skills: Tailoring 604, Enchanting 504 (Currently working on maxing these professions.)

Have you read and understand the following posts?
- Read This Before Applying: Yes.
- Ranks: Yes.
- About Us: Yes.

Which of the following best describes your raiding goals? The rest of your application will be judged based on the answer to this question, so please make sure your character reflects your goals.

2. Raid consistently in a normal / heroic mode group and maybe some mythic
3. Dedicated to progressing through mythic at whatever rate the group is capable of

I would like to start with normal and heroic raids and progress to mythic raids when I have the gear and experience required.

Please link your armory profile:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced

What is your raid experience? Please list as much as you think is relevant.
I've returned to WoW after a long break since vanilla and BC. During those days, I was mostly focused on leveling characters. Now, I've found myself with some more time to dedicate to the end-game and would like to further my experience in raiding. In WoD, I've done all of the LFG raids along with some normal and heroic PUG raids mixed in.

Why did you leave your previous (current) guild?
When I started playing WoW again, I joined a guild with real life friends then switched to the PvP guild, Barrel Roll Inc in order to be in an active guild with other members. At this point, I'd like to focus on PvE content as opposed to PvP content.

How did you find out about our guild?
I have a few real life friends in the guild: Kunz/Flokie (Patrick), Jordania (Josh), and Suian (Andrew).

Does anyone in our guild know you?
See answer above.

How many alts do you have and is this your main?
Guyute is my main, and I generally focus all of my time on him. However, I am planning to use a 100 boost for a dedicated alt. I'm considering boosting a balance druid.

What are your play times?
Generally M-F for 2-4 hours between 7pm - 1am (Central time).

Which of our raid times would you be able to make?
Monday 10pm - 1am for the casual/alt raids.
Tuesday/Thursday 10pm - 1am for the progression raids.

Would you be willing to sit out if it is necessary without a fuss?
Absolutely. I'm a team player.

What website(s) do you use to research your character(s)?
First stops are usually Wowhead and Icyveins. Then, generally I'll go to Youtube for raid information or other topics that are easier shown than said.

Have you spent a sufficient amount of time and gold on your gear, gems, and enchants?
Yes. My neck, cloak, primary weapon, and both rings are all enchanted for max mastery. I'm always willing to spend gold (reasonably) to get the best gear/gems/enchants, etc.

Raiders are expected to use consumables during raids. In the following categories what consumable would you use and why?
- Flask/Elixirs: Greater Draenic Intellect Flask
- Well Fed: Sleeper Sushi for mastery, Savage Feasts when available.
- Potion: Intellect Potions (Pre-pot). Mana potions if needed during raid.

What is the basic enchanting / gemming strategy for your character?
Max Mastery. Haste as a bonus if possible.

What is your favorite boss fight and why? What boss haven't you fought that you're looking forward to the most?
I like Mannoroth because of how epic he looks. Plus the raid mechanics are pretty cool. I'm looking forward to downing Archimonde on Heroic because that would just be awesome.

What boss mod(s) do you use?
DBM, Iskar Assist, Recount.

What website(s) do you use to proactively research raid encounters?
Icyveins for general reading. Youtube for additional studying. Wowhead for inbetween.

Is there anything else you want to tell us?
I'm happy to have some more time in life to be able to play Wow and raid, especially with friends that have also got back into WoW. While I'm generally available to raid on the weeknights, occasionally I do have to travel for work (sometimes internationally). As such, there may be a couple weeks during the year where I will be unavailable to raid. Additionally, I really enjoy being an active player and am hoping to continue to build my experience so that I will be prepared when the new expansion is released. I'm also hoping to find an active PvE guild that can help me develop as a player and has a good community. Forged Alliance looks to be that guild.

Are there any ways that we can improve the application process?
It's a good application - very straightforward with the instructions clearly stated.

draven

Re: Guyute (Azgalor) - Guild Application

Post by draven » February 24th, 2016, 1:12 am

greetings, thanks for the app! i know very little about locks, but everything looks relatively ok to me, aside from pvp gear being less than ideal. i'm assuming you don't have much in the way of pve gear? also, how close are you to getting your legendary ring?
guyute wrote: I would like to start with normal and heroic raids and progress to mythic raids when I have the gear and experience required.
unfortunately we almost never have enough people for our alt raid, so you may have to rely on pugs for normal / heroic.
guyute wrote: Is there anything else you want to tell us?
While I'm generally available to raid on the weeknights, occasionally I do have to travel for work (sometimes internationally). As such, there may be a couple weeks during the year where I will be unavailable to raid.
no worries, real life > wow. it is helpful if you provide notice of when you'll be mia in advance.

anywho, track someone down online and we can get you an invite :)

guyute

Re: Guyute (Azgalor) - Guild Application

Post by guyute » February 24th, 2016, 9:35 am

Hello! I've currently got the 715 ring and I have about 25 tomes of chaos. I'll get my legendary ring after the server reset next week. Of course I'll definitely let the group know if I am unable to make a raid. Thanks for the reply and I'll find someon online for an add!