Name (first name only): Brad
Character Name: Dutonga
Realm: Destromath
Class: Paladin
Level: 100
Main Spec: Ret
Off Spec: Prot or Holy
Trade skills: Eng/JC

Have you read and understand the following posts?
- Read This Before Applying - y
- Ranks - y
- About Us - y

Which of the following best describes your raiding goals? The rest of your application will be judged based on the answer to this question, so please make sure your character reflects your goals.
1. Raid whenever you have time in whatever group is most convenient
2. Raid consistently in a normal / heroic mode group and maybe some mythic
3. Dedicated to progressing through mythic at whatever rate the group is capable of
4. Hardcore mythic progression
5. None of the above, please explain:

5 - I think I'm between 2 and 3. I think if 2 only said Heroic and not Normal I would be a 2. However, I have never done any mythic raiding, and I am excited about trying it. It has been several years since I was in a guild doing progression content. I feel I am up for the challenge though.

Please link your armory profile: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... nga/simple

What is your raid experience? Please list as much as you think is relevant.
Vanilla - no raiding
BC - ZA bear runs, SSC/TK only didn't get KT down, Hyjal - no archimonde, BT - up to RoS, Sunwell - no raiding
WotLK - cleared everything but LK
Cata - BoT full clear, BWD did not get nef, Firelands full clear normal, first boss heroic, No dragon soul or throne of 4 winds raiding
Pandaria - just raid finder
WoD - no guild raiding, but have pugged all content on at least normal

Why did you leave your previous (current) guild? only other active member is now raiding in forged alliance

How did you find out about our guild? Bubuh

Does anyone in our guild know you? Bubuh

How many alts do you have and is this your main? I have a lvl 100 mage, warlock, warrior, shaman, and hunter (horde). Dutonga is my main and best geared character.

What are your play times? I'm in pharmacy school. All my exams this semester will be Tuesdays. I will probably not play much at all on Sunday and Monday, but the rest of the week is pretty open for me. I will usually be playing in the evening.

Which of our raid times would you be able to make? Tuesday and Thursday

Would you be willing to sit out if it is necessary without a fuss? Yes. If I don't use my lockout with the guild I can hop in a pug or something later on in the week.

What website(s) do you use to research your character(s)? mostly the official forums with the paladin stickies

Have you spent a sufficient amount of time and gold on your gear, gems, and enchants? I believe everything is gemmed and enchanted properly

Raiders are expected to use consumables during raids. In the following categories what consumable would you use and why?
- Flask/Elixirs: Strength - most dps
- Well Fed: savage feast - convenient still good dps boost
- Potion: draenic strength potion

What is the basic enchanting / gemming strategy for your character? mastery for ret, crit for holy

What is your favorite boss fight and why? What boss haven't you fought that you're looking forward to the most? Favorite - Archimonde because of the complexity, looking forward to mythic archimonde

What boss mod(s) do you use? DBM

What website(s) do you use to proactively research raid encounters? fatboss/wowhead

Is there anything else you want to tell us? It has been a while since I have been in a dedicated raiding guild. I'm looking forward to getting back into raiding!

Are there any ways that we can improve the application process? I think it is pretty straightforward.

draven

Re: Dutonga - Paladin

Post by draven » January 1st, 2016, 11:52 pm

greetings, thanks for the app! everything looks good to me.
Dutonga wrote: 5 - I think I'm between 2 and 3. I think if 2 only said Heroic and not Normal I would be a 2. However, I have never done any mythic raiding, and I am excited about trying it. It has been several years since I was in a guild doing progression content. I feel I am up for the challenge though.
normal mode raids are extremely rare and are pretty much only for gearing purposes at the beginning of a tier. if you're bored you can read some of my thoughts on normal mode here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4936

the short version is i'm not a fan of normal mode and make a point of avoiding it unless absolutely necessary. heroic is a significant step up from normal mode and mythic is another significant step up from heroic. our alt raids are on heroic mode with varying success. we'll hopefully be able to resume mythic in our main raid now that the holidays are over and people are less busy with that real life place.
Dutonga wrote: What boss mod(s) do you use? DBM
you need to be able to handle the mechanics on iskar properly, if you do not have something to assist you with that yet you should acquire iskar assist or exorsus raid tools. iskar assist works well, exorsus raid tools is also sufficient and will probably be required for later mythic bosses.
Dutonga wrote: What is your favorite boss fight and why? What boss haven't you fought that you're looking forward to the most? Favorite - Archimonde because of the complexity, looking forward to mythic archimonde
in case it matters, at this point it looks unlikely that we will get to mythic archimonde while the content is relevant.

anywho, track someone down online and we can get you an invite :)