Name (first name only): Dom
Character Name: Accidental
Realm: Destromath
Class: Priest
Level: 100
Main Spec: Disc
Off Spec: Holy/Shadow
Trade skills: JC/Skinning

Have you read and understand the following posts?
- Read This Before Applying Yes
- Ranks Yes
- About Us Yes

Which of the following best describes your raiding goals? The rest of your application will be judged based on the answer to this question, so please make sure your character reflects your goals.
>> 1. Raid whenever you have time in whatever group is most convenient
I would be a Casual Raider rank; I have two kids so my availability is hit and miss.

Please link your armory profile:
https://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ ... tal/simple

What is your raid experience? Please list as much as you think is relevant.
Current tier: 12/13N (missing Tyrant, downed Archi), 6/13H.
Previous tiers: I'm an old-skool Hand of A'dal. KZ, BT, Mag, Gruul, etc. 10m ICC.

Why did you leave your previous (current) guild?
Despite 700+ members, rarely are more than 5 online at a time. Scheduled raid nights are almost always pugged. Times are inconvenient as I am Pacific.

How did you find out about our guild?
X-realm forum.

Does anyone in our guild know you?
I raided with Alumis.

How many alts do you have and is this your main?
Have a 687 Guardian druid and a 94 warlock. This is my main.

What are your play times?
Whenever I can squeeze it in ;) Typically Mon/Tue/Thurs nights (8pm+ pacific), although I'm almost always off and on throughout the day.

Which of our raid times would you be able to make?
Some Tue/Thurs as a backup (if that's how it works), and/or the casual raids.

Would you be willing to sit out if it is necessary without a fuss?
N/A as a casual

What website(s) do you use to research your character(s)?
HowtoPriest, /r/wow, youtube.

Have you spent a sufficient amount of time and gold on your gear, gems, and enchants?
Yeah

Raiders are expected to use consumables during raids. In the following categories what consumable would you use and why?
- Flask/Elixirs: Int flask (alt is an alch). Best throughput. I'd take a mastery flask but they don't make one.
- Well Fed: 125 mastery sushi.
- Potion: int pot pre, mana pot if needed during.

What is the basic enchanting / gemming strategy for your character?
MASTERY ALL THE THINGS. Disc's mastery is too good for anything else to be worth it.

What is your favorite boss fight and why?
Gorefiend. Simple mechanics but everyone in the raid has to work as one. It's very obvious when someone's not pulling their weight. Actually Archi in Hyjal was the same way, I liked that fight too.

What boss haven't you fought that you're looking forward to the most?
Heroic Archie while the tier is current would be rad.

What boss mod(s) do you use?
DBM.

What website(s) do you use to proactively research raid encounters?
Youtube - FatBoss and TL;DR Boss Guides.

Is there anything else you want to tell us?
I like to hit it hard and get out. Not looking to fart around in vent for 20 minutes waiting on the LFG queue. Hardcore attitude with a casual's schedule ;)

Are there any ways that we can improve the application process?
Seemed smooth enough to me.

draven

Re: Accidental - Priest

Post by draven » October 6th, 2015, 1:00 am

greetings, thanks for the app! everything looks good to me with the exception of the lesser enchant on your 715 ring, which i'm assuming is due to being offspec? how close are you to your legendary ring?
Accidental wrote: Which of the following best describes your raiding goals? The rest of your application will be judged based on the answer to this question, so please make sure your character reflects your goals.
>> 1. Raid whenever you have time in whatever group is most convenient
I would be a Casual Raider rank; I have two kids so my availability is hit and miss.

What are your play times?
Whenever I can squeeze it in ;) Typically Mon/Tue/Thurs nights (8pm+ pacific), although I'm almost always off and on throughout the day.

Which of our raid times would you be able to make?
Some Tue/Thurs as a backup (if that's how it works), and/or the casual raids.

Is there anything else you want to tell us?
I like to hit it hard and get out. Not looking to fart around in vent for 20 minutes waiting on the LFG queue. Hardcore attitude with a casual's schedule ;)
these answers are somewhat conflicting, so i'd like to try to clarify our ranks as well as what you're looking for. ranks are used to delineate your raiding interests, regardless of you availability, and therefore the calendar invites that you will receive. your gear is sufficient for at least farm stuff in the tuesday / thursday group, so if you have any interest in later heroics / mythic, you should probably be ranked as a raider. at the casual raider rank, you will not receive calendar invites for the main tuesday / thursday group, only the friday / monday group that has yet to run with anything resembling consistency.

with flexible mode in heroic we can generally work around people's schedules as long as your status on the calendar invites is accurate and the raid leader is aware of your schedule. that said, we're looking to get into mythic mode sometime soon, which of course requires 20 people who are able to raid relatively consistently and can stay for the entire raid. it's up to you what you're ranked as, i just wanted to make sure you are aware that being on standby for the tuesday / thursday raid is dependent on your demonstrated preparedness and what we're working on for the evening, not specifically your rank, and somewhat based on how frequently you are able to raid.

anywho, that's probably enough rambling for now, hopefully some of that made sense. track someone down online and we can get you an invite :)