Level: 100
Main Spec: Marksmanship
Off Spec: Beast Mastery
Trade skills: Enchanting, Engineering

Have you read and understand the following posts? Yes
- Read This Before Applying
- Ranks
- About Us

Which of the following best describes your raiding goals? The rest of your application will be judged based on the answer to this question, so please make sure your character reflects your goals.
1. Raid whenever you have time in whatever group is most convenient
2. Raid consistently in a normal / heroic mode group and maybe some mythic
3. Dedicated to progressing through mythic at whatever rate the group is capable of
4. Hardcore mythic progression
5. None of the above, please explain:

Please link your armory profile:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/n ... ott/simple

What is your raid experience? Please list as much as you think is relevant.
I raided a little bit in WotLK but Warlords is the first expansion that I’ve raided consistently. I went 7/7 H HM, then 10/10 H BRF. I have about a dozen pulls but no kills on some mythic BRF bosses. I play my hunter at a high level, doing as much damage as possible while taking as little as possible in return. I utilize key-binds and add ons to aid in situational awareness and generally am very low in “avoidable damage taken.”

Why did you leave your previous (current) guild?
My work schedule has changed in a way that prevents me from making their earlier raid times.

How did you find out about our guild?
I found your guild on wowprogress. I am looking for a guild that raids 2 nights a week but maintains good progression on current content.

Does anyone in our guild know you?
No however I did chat with Abra and Isvelyn a bit in game before applying.

How many alts do you have and is this your main?
Yes Longshott is my main, I have 11 alts, one of each class plus an additional shaman. 9 of them are level 100.

What are your play times?
I play inconsistently throughout the day, generally doing dailies and preparing for raids. In the evening I am available from 8p PT – midnight, 2 days a week.

Which of our raid times would you be able to make?
I would be able to make both Tuesday and Thursday, “8p-11ish.” I will probably attend some of the other raids as well but family obligations make it so that I can only commit to 2 nights a week.

Would you be willing to sit out if it is necessary without a fuss?
Of course. With flex raids I hope this isn’t very common while pushing heroic content, but especially during mythic progression I completely understand the need to bench people.

What website(s) do you use to research your character(s)?
I mostly follow azortharion’s hunter guide for my main. I will use simcraft to some extent as well as icy-veins and summonstone. Summonstone I’m finding to be more accurate generally than icy-veins.

Have you spent a sufficient amount of time and gold on your gear, gems, and enchants?
Yes I’m ready to join you in heroics right out of the gate. All gear has the appropriate high level gems and enchants.

Raiders are expected to use consumables during raids. In the following categories what consumable would you use and why?
- Flask/Elixirs: Greater Draenic Agility Flask
- Well Fed: Pickled Eel
- Potion: Draenic Agility Potion x2
Agility pre-pot, combat pot, and flask are used as agility is far and away the best DPS stat for any hunter. Pickled Eel as crit is simming highest for marksmanship hunters up to 53% crit. Once I hit 53% crit I’d probably switch to multistrike food.

What is the basic enchanting / gemming strategy for your character?
Enchant and gem for crit until 53% crit is obtained, then swap to multistrike.

What is your favorite boss fight and why? What boss haven't you fought that you're looking forward to the most?
I really enjoyed Blackhand last tier. As a hunter I love being able to use the class’s exceptional mobility to handle mechanics such as kiting siege engines in phase 2. I also enjoy getting to use my abilities creatively such as disengaging back onto the platform in phase 3, after pulling a mark a far away from the raid. Overall I thought it was a great end boss to that tier, very challenging but also very rewarding to get him down.
I’m looking forward to Archimonde. The sheer amount of mechanics and positional requirements for this boss make it look very challenging and fun.

What boss mod(s) do you use?
I use Deadly Boss mods, GTFO and weakaura’s primarily.

What website(s) do you use to proactively research raid encounters?
I always watch the fatboss guides on youtube prior to a progression fight.

Is there anything else you want to tell us?
I have a wife and 3 kids as well as a full time job. Because of this I like to be efficient with my game time. I come on-time and prepared (flask, food, gems, strategies) for raids and I hope that my guild mates do the same. I take constructive criticism very well and hope that there is some accountability during raids as long as it’s given in a respectful manner. From my in-game conversation with FA guild members I’m under the impression that you may be full on hunters at the moment. If this is the case I’m open to playing a different class until a hunter spot opens up. Please let me know if you wish to discuss that further. Thank you for your consideration.

Are there any ways that we can improve the application process?
My only suggestion would be to include a Bnet ID in the recruiting section. Generally I like to chat with a leader or officer prior to applying and btags make cross realm/ faction conversation very convenient.

draven

Re: Longshott

Post by draven » July 13th, 2015, 8:20 pm

greetigs, thanks for the app! everything looks good to me. you answered my only question (faction / realm transfer plans) in your in game mail. a few comments:
longshott wrote: Would you be willing to sit out if it is necessary without a fuss?
Of course. With flex raids I hope this isn’t very common while pushing heroic content, but especially during mythic progression I completely understand the need to bench people.
people are occasionally benched for progression raids due to not meeting expectations, but that is relatively rare and easily avoided.
longshott wrote: What is your favorite boss fight and why? What boss haven't you fought that you're looking forward to the most?
I really enjoyed Blackhand last tier. As a hunter I love being able to use the class’s exceptional mobility to handle mechanics such as kiting siege engines in phase 2. I also enjoy getting to use my abilities creatively such as disengaging back onto the platform in phase 3, after pulling a mark a far away from the raid. Overall I thought it was a great end boss to that tier, very challenging but also very rewarding to get him down.
you probably would have enjoyed the first 25 or so pulls of heroic blackfuse in siege of orgrimmar for which hunter shenanigans were ideal, after which it was probably a struggle between boredom and the pressure of never screwing up for the next 75ish attempts ;)
longshott wrote: Is there anything else you want to tell us?
I have a wife and 3 kids as well as a full time job. Because of this I like to be efficient with my game time. I come on-time and prepared (flask, food, gems, strategies) for raids and I hope that my guild mates do the same. I take constructive criticism very well and hope that there is some accountability during raids as long as it’s given in a respectful manner.
my goal is to always try to use our time as efficiently as possible. i've found this is a bit of a struggle with larger / flex raids due to scaling, logistics, and varying commitment levels of different people, but for the most part i think we do well for raiding a relatively limited amount of time.
longshott wrote: From my in-game conversation with FA guild members I’m under the impression that you may be full on hunters at the moment.
aside from potential gearing issues, it is almost impossible to have too many hunters at the moment given their overall utility. this may or may not be an issue for mythic progression, at which point my opinion is that competition for spots is a good thing, but for now i don't have any qualms about running with 4 or 5 hunters.
longshott wrote: Are there any ways that we can improve the application process?
My only suggestion would be to include a Bnet ID in the recruiting section. Generally I like to chat with a leader or officer prior to applying and btags make cross realm/ faction conversation very convenient.
i've thought about this before, but i'm not a fan of being spammed in game so i prefer to have conversations start here and then chat in game if necessary.

anywho, i sent you a bnet request in case you still have questions, otherwise track someone down online once your transfer is complete and we can get you an invite :)

Inori

Post by Inori » July 13th, 2015, 9:05 pm

Hmm, too bad you're Horde, otherwise you could cross raid with us since we're doing heroic modes to see if we're as wowprogress.com advertises before spending money on a faction change + realm transfer. I suppose if you're really motivated, you can go through our BRFH progression to see if our rate matches your expectations. I should probably make some new worm graphs when I have time.

-HP

Waterdrop

Post by Waterdrop » July 14th, 2015, 12:31 am

/reroll non-protector token class.

longshott

Post by longshott » July 14th, 2015, 9:18 am

Inori wrote:Hmm, too bad you're Horde, otherwise you could cross raid with us since we're doing heroic modes to see if we're as wowprogress.com advertises before spending money on a faction change + realm transfer. I suppose if you're really motivated, you can go through our BRFH progression to see if our rate matches your expectations. I should probably make some new worm graphs when I have time.

-HP
I've been horde since I started playing 8 years ago so it will be a little weird to run alliance. Any suggestions on race? Thinking Night Elf or Draenei. My faction change is in progress. If it's okay with you guys I like the idea of holding off on the realm swap until after a "trial raid" or two. I'm not concerned about the rate of progression, from what I can see you guys are doing great especially for a 2 raid/ wk guild. However I would like to get a feel for raid pace and voice comms culture before fully committing. Thanks again! Look forward to joining.

draven

Post by draven » July 14th, 2015, 10:27 am

longshott wrote: I've been horde since I started playing 8 years ago so it will be a little weird to run alliance. Any suggestions on race? Thinking Night Elf or Draenei. My faction change is in progress. If it's okay with you guys I like the idea of holding off on the realm swap until after a "trial raid" or two. I'm not concerned about the rate of progression, from what I can see you guys are doing great especially for a 2 raid/ wk guild. However I would like to get a feel for raid pace and voice comms culture before fully committing. Thanks again! Look forward to joining.
i generally prefer night elf or gnome. trialing crossrealm is fine so you can make sure we're what you're looking for. mumble is generally quiet during progression raids and focused on the task at hand, though i frequently wonder if anyone can understand my rambling / mumbling. casual raids are usually more relaxed and chatty.