Name (first name only): Adam
Character Name: Felht
Realm: Destromath
Class: Death Knight
Level: 100
Main Spec: Blood
Off Spec: Frost
Trade skills: Herbalism/Alchemy

Have you read and understand the following posts?
- Read This Before Applying
- Ranks
- About Us
Yes to all.

Which of the following best describes your raiding goals? The rest of your application will be judged based on the answer to this question, so please make sure your character reflects your goals.
1. Raid whenever you have time in whatever group is most convenient
2. Raid consistently in a normal / heroic mode group and maybe some mythic - This.
3. Dedicated to progressing through mythic at whatever rate the group is capable of
4. Hardcore mythic progression
5. None of the above, please explain:

Please link your armory profile:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... lht/simple

What is your raid experience? Please list as much as you think is relevant.
Raided heavily in vanilla; cleared all classic raids up to Naxx (Was on kel'thuzad before TBC released) in Get of Fenris
Returned during TBC after a break; cleared up to Black Temple in GoF (guild had drama issues at this time); transferred for Sunwell progression.
Quit playing at the end of TBC ~2008. Returned to WoW about 2 months ago and have been gearing via LFR, PuGs, and now Mythic dungeons.
Completed HM and up to Blackhand in BRF in a combination of LFR/normal/heroic in random groups between my DK and warlock.

Why did you leave your previous (current) guild?
Was in a random leveling guild that was inactive so I left and remained out of a guild. Don't think GoF is around anymore.

How did you find out about our guild?
Trade chat.

Does anyone in our guild know you?
Don't think so.

How many alts do you have and is this your main?
Felht (blood DK) is my main. I have a lvl100 warlock and monk, as well as lvl70-90 toons I don't really play. I guess it totals 7 alts.

What are your play times?
I get out of work currently at 7pm PST during the week but this will change to 5pm in about 6 weeks. I play evenings on most days of the week and weekends whenever.

Which of our raid times would you be able to make?
I can make Mon/Tues/Thurs. I would be unable to make it on time for friday raids until my work hours are changed (usually get home around 9).

Would you be willing to sit out if it is necessary without a fuss?
Yes.

What website(s) do you use to research your character(s)?
MMO-champion, WoW forums, Icy Veins.

Have you spent a sufficient amount of time and gold on your gear, gems, and enchants?
I am currently gearing up via Mythic dungeons right now. I have a few PvP pieces I am working on upgrading. Enchants I think are fine, I'm saving the higher cloak enchant for the upgrade.

Raiders are expected to use consumables during raids. In the following categories what consumable would you use and why?
- Flask/Elixirs: Greater Draenic Stamina or Strength Flask depending on situation. Generally use stamina in mythic dungeons and strength in raids.
- Well Fed: Mastery
- Potion: Draenic Armor Potion

What is the basic enchanting / gemming strategy for your character?
I'm going for survivability so I stack Mastery on gear and Fallen Crusader on weapon.

What is your favorite boss fight and why? What boss haven't you fought that you're looking forward to the most?
Illidan in Black Temple was my favorite. GM of GoF at the time was in Iraq and I had to co-lead the progression for the fight. It was extremely satisfying getting through it with everybody together before guild drama became destructive. I look forward to taking down Archimonde again, can get revenge for him tossing me in the air to my death!

What boss mod(s) do you use?
Deadly boss mods

What website(s) do you use to proactively research raid encounters?
MMO-champion, forums, and a tanking blog online which is posted on WoWhead I believe.

Is there anything else you want to tell us?
Sure. I've said this previously but currently am a little worried about being punctual to the 8pm raid times. This will go away in about a month and a half when I'll be able to get home way before raid times.

Also, if tanks are currently saturated I'm open to raiding on my warlock (named Fehlt) who is not as geared at ilvl676.

Are there any ways that we can improve the application process?
It all looks good to me. I can't remember my last guild's application from over 7 years ago so I can't compare it to that. I'm glad you guys ask us to look back at our previous raid content though, forced me to bring back some pleasant nostalgia. EDIT: Oh you could add a personal question for fun, like favorite food, hobby outside WoW, or something!

Waterdrop

Re: Felht

Post by Waterdrop » July 7th, 2015, 2:54 pm

Hey, fellow GoF player :D I was around in GoF for a while during BT and beginning of Sunwell as well. Welcome back. I don't really remember anyone in the guild though, it's been too long and I wasn't in GoF for super long.

draven

Post by draven » July 7th, 2015, 6:08 pm

greetings, thanks for the app! my standard disclaimer to youngins these days (or anyone for that matter) is that we expect our members to behave in a mature and respectful manner, but as long as you are capable of doing so it shouldn't be an issue. otherwise everything looks good to me.
Felht wrote: Is there anything else you want to tell us?
Sure. I've said this previously but currently am a little worried about being punctual to the 8pm raid times. This will go away in about a month and a half when I'll be able to get home way before raid times.

Also, if tanks are currently saturated I'm open to raiding on my warlock (named Fehlt) who is not as geared at ilvl676.
i know i said being late to raids generally isn't an issue as long as we're aware of your status, but unfortunately that is not exactly the case for tanks due to the nature of the role. since it is short term i still think it should be ok, but we'll see how it goes. out of curiosity, are you competent as dps on the dk and would you have any interest in being dps? as for dk vs. lock, you should play whatever toon you prefer, which i'm assuming is your dk.

anywho, track someone down online and we can get you an invite :)

Felht

Post by Felht » July 7th, 2015, 8:36 pm

I can play as a DPS role no problem on my DK. I'm just currently not very geared for it. It has been much easier to get in PuGs as the tank so that's why I've been Blood but I enjoy both roles. And thank you!