Name (first name only): Josh
Character Name: Gummo
Realm: Thunderlord
Class: Paladin
Level: 100
Main Spec: Protection
Off Spec: Holy
Trade skills: Enchanting/Engineering

Have you read and understand the following posts?
- Read This Before Applying
- Ranks
- About Us
Yes all of them.

Which of the following best describes your raiding goals? The rest of your application will be judged based on the answer to this question, so please make sure your character reflects your goals.
1. Raid whenever you have time in whatever group is most convenient
2. Raid consistently in a normal / heroic mode group and maybe some mythic
3. Dedicated to progressing through mythic at whatever rate the group is capable of - I would love to be part of a dedicated mythic group. Nothing stressful
4. Hardcore mythic progression
5. None of the above, please explain:

Please link your armory profile:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... mmo/simple

What is your raid experience? Please list as much as you think is relevant.
- I started WoW when it was released and enjoyed raiding in MC, BWL, AQ ,ZG, and Naxx
-BC i didnt do much else besides pvp
-In WotLK i was main tank for a a guild progressing through ICC. I believe we went 11/12 before guild disbanded
-In Cata i stuck to mostly PvP again but was welcomed into some Heroic Dragon Soul clears.
-In Mop i mostly healed on my paladin for ToT and SoO

Why did you leave your previous (current) guild?
- I took a break from WoW to finish maymester and a few other real life conflictions. Upon returning i found my guild had disbanded/merged. I am a WoW orphan :(

How did you find out about our guild?
- Wowprogress.com

Does anyone in our guild know you?
-do not believe so

How many alts do you have and is this your main?
-This is my Main yes. I have a lot of random alts. Each class to at least 90.

What are your play times?
-I work from about 7am to 5pm server time. Other than that I am usually free.

Which of our raid times would you be able to make?
-Any/All

Would you be willing to sit out if it is necessary without a fuss?
-Of course

What website(s) do you use to research your character(s)?
-Icy-Veins

Have you spent a sufficient amount of time and gold on your gear, gems, and enchants?
-Now that I am back, I have farmed a lot of apex/mythic dungeons in an attempt to catch up gear wise. I am still very much behind and i do not expect to be invited into any serious raiding group any time soon. Gems and enchants are always filled.

Raiders are expected to use consumables during raids. In the following categories what consumable would you use and why?
- Flask/Elixirs: At my ilvl i need to use Greater Draenic Stamina Flask. Strength flask can help dps once i get better gear.
- Well Fed: Stam
- Potion: Greater Draenic Armor Potion

What is the basic enchanting / gemming strategy for your character?
-Haste on all armor. Blackrock on Weapon

What is your favorite boss fight and why? What boss haven't you fought that you're looking forward to the most?
- I really enjoyed and will always remember the hilarious encounters of our Professor Putricide kills. I am looking forward to actually getting to kill Archimonde this time (wisps was it last time?).

What boss mod(s) do you use?
-DMB

What website(s) do you use to proactively research raid encounters?
- WoWhead, Icy-Veins

Is there anything else you want to tell us?
-I still have a lot of gearing to do. That will come with my own time. I am not looking for any carries. I hope to work my way up to potentially benefiting your raid group.

Are there any ways that we can improve the application process?
-No complaints here.

draven

Re: Guild Application

Post by draven » July 5th, 2015, 10:42 pm

greetings, thanks for the app! everything looks pretty good, but i've a couple comments:
Gummo wrote: 3. Dedicated to progressing through mythic at whatever rate the group is capable of - I would love to be part of a dedicated mythic group. Nothing stressful
we've yet to have enough people for mythic, but we may be getting close. that said, based on what i've seen mythic is probably stressful by default.
Gummo wrote: Is there anything else you want to tell us?
-I still have a lot of gearing to do. That will come with my own time. I am not looking for any carries. I hope to work my way up to potentially benefiting your raid group.
you are a bit undergeared, missing a neck enchant, and it looks like you either have the dps ring or just have it equipped. if you do not have the tank version, you should get it. if you can make it to the normal mode raids they should be a good way to fill in a few of the slots you are missing, and then you should be able to join the progression raid once you've everything in order.

anywho, track someone down online and we can get you an invite :)