Post by Deglihan » June 7th, 2015, 9:44 pm

Name (first name only): CRAIG
Character Name: DEGLIHAN
Realm: PROUDMOORE
Class: DEATH KNIGHT
Level: 100
Main Spec: BLOOD
Off Spec: UNHOLY
Trade skills: MINING/BLACKSMITHING (both 700)

Have you read and understand the following posts? YES
- Read This Before Applying
- Ranks
- About Us

Which of the following best describes your raiding goals? The rest of your application will be judged based on the answer to this question, so please make sure your character reflects your goals. I WOULD SAY #2 FOR ME
1. Raid whenever you have time in whatever group is most convenient
2. Raid consistently in a normal / heroic mode group and maybe some mythic
3. Dedicated to progressing through mythic at whatever rate the group is capable of
4. Hardcore mythic progression
5. None of the above, please explain:

Please link your armory profile:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/p ... n/advanced

What is your raid experience? Please list as much as you think is relevant. I HAVE BEEN TANKING RAIDS SINCE PALADINS WERE FIRST VIABLE TANKS IN BC, EVER SINCE THEN, I HAVE TRIED TO RAID AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF A COUPLE HIATUSES IN BETWEEN. IN THE CURRENT EXPANSION I HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH ALL BOSSES IN NORMAL AND HEROIC HIGHMAUL, AND 8/10N, 7/10H BRF.

Why did you leave your previous (current) guild? RAID TIMES DON'T WORK FOR ME.

How did you find out about our guild? SPAM IN TRADE CHAT.

Does anyone in our guild know you? NO.

How many alts do you have and is this your main? I HAVE ROUGHLY 11 ALTS (3 AT LEVEL 100), AND YES THIS IS MY MAIN.

What are your play times? ANYWHERE FROM 7PM - 12AM SERVER (M-F) AND ANYTIME ON THE WEEKENDS.

Which of our raid times would you be able to make? 'MAIN RAID' BOTH TUE AND THUR 8-11 PACIFIC

Would you be willing to sit out if it is necessary without a fuss? NOT A PROBLEM.

What website(s) do you use to research your character(s)? ICYVEINS, NOXXIC, AND FORUMS/BLOGS

Have you spent a sufficient amount of time and gold on your gear, gems, and enchants? YES

Raiders are expected to use consumables during raids. In the following categories what consumable would you use and why?
- Flask/Elixirs: GREATER DRAENIC STAMINA FLASK (BEST FLASK FOR TANKS...)
- Well Fed: SAVAGE FEAST (GIVES ME A BOOST TO MY MASTERY)
- Potion: DRAENIC ARMOR POTION (INCREASES SURVIVABILITY AND GIVES A BOOST TO FRONTLOADED DAMAGE)

What is the basic enchanting / gemming strategy for your character? I GEM AND ENCHANT TO KEEP MY MASTERY ABOVE 57%, AFTER THAT I GO FOR MULTISTRIKE.

What is your favorite boss fight and why? What boss haven't you fought that you're looking forward to the most? MY FAVORITE BOSS FIGHT WOULD HAVE TO BE HANZ AND FRANZ, BECAUSE I LOVE THE NECESSITY FOR MOVING NEARLY CONSTANTLY. I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO KILLING BLACKHAND, BECAUSE THE FIGHT LOOKS CHALLENGING AND AMAZING TBH.

What boss mod(s) do you use? I RUN DBM.

What website(s) do you use to proactively research raid encounters? I WATCH YOUTUBE VIDEOS THE MOST (FROM A TANK'S POV), BUT I ALSO LIKE WOWWIKI AND WOWHEAD.

Is there anything else you want to tell us? I AM AN EXCELLENT AND DEDICATED PLAYER, AND I HAVE BEEN A RAID LEADER/GM PLENTY OF TIMES BEFORE, WHICH HAS GIVEN ME THE DESIRE TO CONSTANTLY LEARN MORE.

Are there any ways that we can improve the application process? I THINK THAT YOUR APPLICATION REALLY COVERS THE PRIMARY POINTS, AND DOES A GOOD JOB AT DOING SO.

draven

Re: Deglihan - Blood DK

Post by draven » June 8th, 2015, 12:14 am

greetings, thanks for the app! aside from my fear of capital letters, everything looks pretty good to me. i've just a few comments / questions:
Deglihan wrote: Which of the following best describes your raiding goals? The rest of your application will be judged based on the answer to this question, so please make sure your character reflects your goals. I WOULD SAY #2 FOR ME
2. Raid consistently in a normal / heroic mode group and maybe some mythic
out of curiosity, do you intend to transfer servers or stay on proudmoore? it's not a big deal at the moment, but if not that would be an issue for mythic if we ever get enough people.
Deglihan wrote: What are your play times? ANYWHERE FROM 7PM - 12AM SERVER (M-F) AND ANYTIME ON THE WEEKENDS.

Which of our raid times would you be able to make? 'MAIN RAID' BOTH TUE AND THUR 8-11 PACIFIC
raids generally end at 1am server in case that matters.

have you done blackhand on anything other than lfr?
bonus points if these posts make any sense to you:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=4891
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=4905

anywho, track some down online and we can work out invites.

Waterdrop

Re: Deglihan - Blood DK

Post by Waterdrop » June 8th, 2015, 6:44 pm

draven wrote:greetings, thanks for the app! aside from my fear of capital letters, everything looks pretty good to me.
Anti-draven, the user of all caps.