Name (first name only):
Character Name: Notmakenni
Realm: Destromath
Class: Warlock
Level: 100
Main Spec: Demo
Off Spec: purely theoretical
Trade skills: enchanting / jc / tailor

Have you read and understand the following posts?
- Read This Before Applying
- Ranks
- About Us
Yes.

Which of the following best describes your raiding goals? The rest of your application will be judged based on the answer to this question, so please make sure your character reflects your goals.
1. Raid whenever you have time in whatever group is most convenient
2. Raid consistently in a normal / heroic mode group and maybe some mythic
3. Dedicated to progressing through mythic at whatever rate the group is capable of
4. Hardcore mythic progression
5. None of the above, please explain:
I would not want to raid more than 2x a week. I would enjoy mythic content.

Please link your armory profile: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... nni/simple

What is your raid experience? Please list as much as you think is relevant.
8/10h

Why did you leave your previous (current) guild?
I am not leaving them on all characters; they are not raiding

How did you find out about our guild?
Chat spam

Does anyone in our guild know you?
Lilas. Maybe others.

How many alts do you have and is this your main?
3. It would become my main if I raided w/

What are your play times?
I play around work, school, and plenty of social - but I'm on often atm.

Which of our raid times would you be able to make?
Both Tuesday and Thursday raid times will work most of the time.

Would you be willing to sit out if it is necessary without a fuss?
This is like those job app questions that ask how you feel about stealing from an employer.

What website(s) do you use to research your character(s)?
Icy veins and simulationcraft are useful tools.

Have you spent a sufficient amount of time and gold on your gear, gems, and enchants?
No.

Raiders are expected to use consumables during raids. In the following categories what consumable would you use and why?
Yes, I consume savage and many drug, because they make you strongk.
- Flask/Elixirs:
- Well Fed:
- Potion:

What is the basic enchanting / gemming strategy for your character?
Demonology currently prefers mastery.

What is your favorite boss fight and why? What boss haven't you fought that you're looking forward to the most?
Vashj. I loved the challenge of getting everyone coordinated and how things fell into place once everyone knew the fight inside and out.

What boss mod(s) do you use?
dbm.

What website(s) do you use to proactively research raid encounters?
wowhead is generally sufficient. Sometimes a youtube tutorial video is necessary.

Is there anything else you want to tell us?
I'm easy to get along with. I'm pretty quiet in chat till I understand the landscape. Repetitive incompetence frustrates me. I get easily attached to people I like and I've only left a functioning guild once in 8 or so years.

Are there any ways that we can improve the application process?
Remove vestigial questions.

Edit: I forgot to make clear that I could raid as a prot/ret paladin if that were more desirable.

draven

Re: Makenni app

Post by draven » April 22nd, 2015, 11:57 pm

greetings, thanks for the app. i'm going to try something new and take a pass on this. if someone else thinks this application worthy of a guild invite we can do so.

Inori

Post by Inori » April 24th, 2015, 12:19 am

My warlock hasn't touched demonology since Throne of Thunder, but I was surprised when I ran the sims that the doomguard talent came out on top (poor felguard).
Makenni wrote:Name (first name only):
If you don't want to use your real name, you can just make something up or use your initials (I go by 'HP'). The idea is that even on the internet, other characters are still actual people and not just virtual entities to treat terribly.
Makenni wrote:Have you read and understand the following posts?
- Read This Before Applying
- Ranks
- About Us
Yes.
Good job.
Makenni wrote:Would you be willing to sit out if it is necessary without a fuss?
This is like those job app questions that ask how you feel about stealing from an employer.

Have you spent a sufficient amount of time and gold on your gear, gems, and enchants?
No.
Since your item level is low, these end up going hand in hand. Does that mean you need to go out and drop a ton of gold to buy a quad upgraded 675 caster weapon? No. However, enough effort should be expended to meet the raider rank (shattered hand enchant on weapon, 35 stat enchant on ring). Thanks to the flexible raid scaling for heroic mode and our raid's aggregate gear progression, the item level shouldn't be an issue, but if it is, the raid leader may decide to sit you on fights where things just aren't working out. If that is unacceptable, then we probably aren't a good fit for you.
Makenni wrote:Repetitive incompetence frustrates me.
That's why I keep my mic muted, kekekeke.

Once that is all squared away, I don't see any reason to not invite. Dunno if anyone else has anything to chip in.

-HP

Makenni

Post by Makenni » April 24th, 2015, 1:11 pm

Inori wrote: If you don't want to use your real name, you can just make something up or use your initials (I go by 'HP'). The idea is that even on the internet, other characters are still actual people and not just virtual entities to treat terribly.
I appreciate your view on this! I actually didn't mean to excise my name I just missed that first question somehow. I go by Brad most of the time but a few people call me Bradley.
Inori wrote: Since your item level is low, these end up going hand in hand. Does that mean you need to go out and drop a ton of gold to buy a quad upgraded 675 caster weapon? No. However, enough effort should be expended to meet the raider rank (shattered hand enchant on weapon, 35 stat enchant on ring). Thanks to the flexible raid scaling for heroic mode and our raid's aggregate gear progression, the item level shouldn't be an issue, but if it is, the raid leader may decide to sit you on fights where things just aren't working out. If that is unacceptable, then we probably aren't a good fit for you.
Yes I am more than willing to sit out on a fight if I am not contributing towards success on that fight, especially along the lines of having dps that is too low due to current gear. Running a progression raid is difficult enough without having to carry someone.

As to enchants and gearing, I couldn't bring myself to enchant a weapon I knew would be replaced quickly (I got a new one already). The ring is fixed.

As a side note, /who of forged alliance last night made me realize I know Phaul as well, though he might not remember me well. I was raid leader of Sanctuary through most of wotlk and he tanked for me.

Lonomia

Post by Lonomia » April 24th, 2015, 5:11 pm

I was at first a little shocked by some of his answers but all in all it seemed quite honest. The gear does not look horrible and it seems like he is willing to put the effort in once he upgrades some slots. I don't see a reason to not invite. But hey I just hired 6 people at work and 3 I already want to fire. :)
~Lonomia