Name (first name only): David
Character Name: Yousei
Realm: Azshara
Class: Mage
Level: 100
Main Spec: Arcane
Off Spec: Frost
Trade skills: Enchanting/Tailoring

Have you read and understand the following posts?
- Read This Before Applying
- Ranks
- About Us
yes

Which of the following best describes your raiding goals? The rest of your application will be judged based on the answer to this question, so please make sure your character reflects your goals.
3. Dedicated to progressing through mythic at whatever rate the group is capable of

Please link your armory profile:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... sei/simple

What is your raid experience? Please list as much as you think is relevant.
I raided in Cataclysm casually, raided in SoO for a bit a few months before Warlords of Dreanor released on a horde mage. When warlords hit, I rerolled to an undead holy priest and raided Highmaul 4/7 with a casual guild the first weeks. The guild was too casual so I stopped healing and went back to mage on alliance side in which I am 5/7 with 100% pugs. Haven’t found a guild to do progression with. 

Why did you leave your previous (current) guild?
My last raiding guild was “The Resinators” on horde side. I left that guild because they were too casual and because I wanted to come to alliance.

How did you find out about our guild?
Tradechat

Does anyone in our guild know you?
Don’t think so.

How many alts do you have and is this your main?
Yousei is my main mage. I have a priest and a mage on horde side, both are lv 100

What are your play times?
I can play any time past 5pm really.

Which of our raid times would you be able to make?
All of them.

Would you be willing to sit out if it is necessary without a fuss?
Yes.

What website(s) do you use to research your character(s)?
Youtube, Icyveins and noxxic

Have you spent a sufficient amount of time and gold on your gear, gems, and enchants?
Yes

Raiders are expected to use consumables during raids. In the following categories what consumable would you use and why?
- Flask/Elixirs: greater int flask 250 int and runes
- Well Fed: 100 mastery
- Potion: Int potion

What is the basic enchanting / gemming strategy for your character?
Intelect>Mastery>Haste

What is your favorite boss fight and why? What boss haven't you fought that you're looking forward to the most?
Favorite boss is Tectus. There are so many things going on at once, so cool. Looking forward to Blackhand.

What boss mod(s) do you use?
DBM

What website(s) do you use to proactively research raid encounters?
Youtube

Is there anything else you want to tell us?
Really want be in a proper raiding guild.. Hate pugs.

Are there any ways that we can improve the application process?
Trial. Voice interview.

draven

Re: Yousei

Post by draven » March 15th, 2015, 5:10 pm

greetings, thanks for the app! my standard disclaimer to youngins these days (or anyone for that matter) is that we expect our members to behave in a mature and respectful manner, but as long as you are capable of doing so it shouldn't be an issue.
stevevai17 wrote: Which of the following best describes your raiding goals? The rest of your application will be judged based on the answer to this question, so please make sure your character reflects your goals.
3. Dedicated to progressing through mythic at whatever rate the group is capable of
we haven't had enough people to attempt mythic yet, but that is our eventual goal.
stevevai17 wrote: What is the basic enchanting / gemming strategy for your character?
Intelect>Mastery>Haste
this is correct, but this not what your gear reflects, although the armory may currently have your pvp gear. at the very least you should enchant your 680 ring.
stevevai17 wrote: Is there anything else you want to tell us?
Really want be in a proper raiding guild.. Hate pugs.
i know the feeling well
stevevai17 wrote: Are there any ways that we can improve the application process?
Trial. Voice interview.
thank you for the suggestions. i'm not a huge fan of actually talking to people, so a voice interview is probably unlikely, and whether or not they realize it people are pretty much always on trial.

anywho, track someone down online and we can get you an invite :)