Post by tokenshaman » January 30th, 2015, 1:50 pm

Name (first name only): Kevin
Character Name: Tokenshaman
Realm: Destromath
Class: Shaman
Level: 100
Main Spec: Resto
Off Spec: PvP Resto
Trade skills: Mining/Herbalism (dont make fun)

Have you read and understand the following posts?
- Read This Before Applying
- Ranks
- About Us
Yes indeed.

Which of the following best describes your raiding goals? The rest of your application will be judged based on the answer to this question, so please make sure your character reflects your goals.
1. Raid whenever you have time in whatever group is most convenient
2. Raid consistently in a normal / heroic mode group and maybe some mythic
3. Dedicated to progressing through mythic at whatever rate the group is capable of
4. Hardcore mythic progression
5. None of the above, please explain:

I would like to progress with mythic at whatever rate is possible. Other than that I would prefer heroic raiding.

Please link your armory profile: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... man/simple

What is your raid experience? Please list as much as you think is relevant.
I have been raiding since Molten Core in vanilla. MC I played a rogue and then I transitioned to priest healer for BWL due to lack of healers in my guild. I have raided from vanilla to wrath, stopped playing during cata and the beginning of the mists life cycle, and came back a few months before WoD release.
I did manage to get some SoO normal raiding in before WoD came out, but nothing into heroic until WoD.

Why did you leave your previous (current) guild? Currently haven't left, but our progression is kinda sad, and I have made better progress with PUGs than with my raid group. The guild I am in is all RL friends but most are moving on due to our failures as a group.

How did you find out about our guild? Destromath forums on the Blizzard site.

Does anyone in our guild know you? Doubtful.

How many alts do you have and is this your main? This is my main and I rarely play on my alt, a level 48 druid tank.

What are your play times? At this point I really only log on during raid times for my current group, but with the release of the new content this might increase.

Which of our raid times would you be able to make? I can make the tues/thurs raid times, as well as monday if needed. I cannot commit to friday raids, although i may be available occasionally.

Would you be willing to sit out if it is necessary without a fuss? Progression is what is important. I will sit if needed.

What website(s) do you use to research your character(s)? IcyVeins mostly, sometimes wowhead.

Have you spent a sufficient amount of time and gold on your gear, gems, and enchants? Not really, but I have enough gold to gem/enchant the best available gems/enchants. I have +50 on my 690 ring though.

Raiders are expected to use consumables during raids. In the following categories what consumable would you use and why?
- Flask/Elixirs: Draenic int flash
- Well Fed: savage feast
- Potion: mostly mana pots

What is the basic enchanting / gemming strategy for your character? Currently crit, although I have been considering switching to mastery for new content.

What is your favorite boss fight and why? What boss haven't you fought that you're looking forward to the most? Favorite boss fight has to be Ragnaros from vanilla. Something about all the effort it took to summon him back in the day made the encounter very fulfilling to me. Getting a server first perditions blade for by rogue might have biased me on this one though lol.

Boss I haven't fought would most likely have been everything in Firelands. I missed all of the cata raids and haven't really went back to them yet, as its really not the same doing it over-leveled. But I will do it eventually.

What boss mod(s) do you use? I do not use boss mods. Although I am not opposed to it.

What website(s) do you use to proactively research raid encounters? wowhead mostly.

Is there anything else you want to tell us? I would be interested in a tryout during a raid if you need people for Foundry this week before leaving my current guild. That way I can see if we are a good fit for each other.

Are there any ways that we can improve the application process? Not sure... maybe more crazy questions like, "If you were a balloon, what colour would you be?"

draven

Re: Tokenshaman: resto shaman

Post by draven » January 30th, 2015, 6:24 pm

greetings, thanks for the app! everything looks pretty good.
tokenshaman wrote: Trade skills: Mining/Herbalism (dont make fun)
heh, once upon a time these were relevant professions.
tokenshaman wrote:
I would like to progress with mythic at whatever rate is possible. Other than that I would prefer heroic raiding.
we are still 5-7 people short of having enough for mythic, but we're hoping to get there sometime during blackrock foundry.
tokenshaman wrote: I cannot commit to friday raids, although i may be available occasionally.
we've yet to have enough people for the friday / monday raid, it's not something i expect people to commit to, especially fridays. it's more along the lines of if we have enough people to run something we will.
tokenshaman wrote: Have you spent a sufficient amount of time and gold on your gear, gems, and enchants? Not really, but I have enough gold to gem/enchant the best available gems/enchants. I have +50 on my 690 ring though.
you should at least have the cheap enchant on your neck, and for some reason the armory doesn't display enchants on the 690 rings, so no worries there.
tokenshaman wrote: Boss I haven't fought would most likely have been everything in Firelands. I missed all of the cata raids and haven't really went back to them yet, as its really not the same doing it over-leveled. But I will do it eventually.
with the exception of rhyolith, i enjoyed firelands. it was still pretty fun to duo / solo in mop, but i'd imagine it's a bit silly now.
tokenshaman wrote: What boss mod(s) do you use? I do not use boss mods. Although I am not opposed to it.
you should at least get deadly boss mods, unless you have something else that notifies you of certain things. if you are not aware of some mechanics (arcane wrath and mines on mar'gok come to mind) and do not react almost immediately, that will cause issues.
tokenshaman wrote: Is there anything else you want to tell us? I would be interested in a tryout during a raid if you need people for Foundry this week before leaving my current guild. That way I can see if we are a good fit for each other.
this seems reasonable, look for calendar invites this weekend sometime, or by monday at the latest. you should be aware that i'm usually pretty stubborn about not running normal mode on tuesday / thursday, regardless of how well things are or aren't going in heroic mode.
tokenshaman wrote: Are there any ways that we can improve the application process? Not sure... maybe more crazy questions like, "If you were a balloon, what colour would you be?"
heh, it's never occurred to me to add a question like that, mainly because i generally have no idea how to answer those sorts of questions, and therefore might feel somewhat guilty forcing other people to do so ;)

Phaul

Post by Phaul » January 31st, 2015, 3:34 am

draven wrote:
tokenshaman wrote: Boss I haven't fought would most likely have been everything in Firelands. I missed all of the cata raids and haven't really went back to them yet, as its really not the same doing it over-leveled. But I will do it eventually.
with the exception of rhyolith, i enjoyed firelands. it was still pretty fun to duo / solo in mop, but i'd imagine it's a bit silly now.
You can easily solo all Cata 25m Heroic raids every week and make 7-8k in 2 hours by vendoring everything.

tokenshaman

Post by tokenshaman » January 31st, 2015, 11:55 am

Not sure if you need it but my battle net I'd is tokenpriest#1429