Level: 90 (564)
Main Spec: Windwalker
Off Spec: Brewmaster
Trade skills: Herb / Alch

Have you read and understand the following posts? Yes
- Read This Before Applying
- Ranks
- About Us

Which of the following best describes your raiding goals? The rest of your application will be judged based on the answer to this question, so please make sure your character reflects your goals.
1. Raid whenever you have time in whatever group is most convenient
2. Raid consistently in a normal mode group and maybe some heroics
3. Dedicated to progressing through heroics at whatever rate the group is capable of
4. Hardcore heroic progression
5. None of the above, please explain:

What is your raid experience? Please list as much as you think is relevant.
Most raiding experience was back in vanilla. Have spent a fair bit of time over past 1/2 year doing flex & normal SoO with present guild as well.

Why did you leave your previous (current) guild?
I haven't yet. However, would like to find a group with a bit more of a solid schedule & sign-up process for raids though. Playing with a group that's the server's faction leader for progression would be really cool too.

How did you find out about our guild?
The power of the google!

Does anyone in our guild know you?
Maybe? Probably not though.

How many alts do you have and is this your main?
3 that is use regularly. And yes to part two of the question.

What are your play times?
Evenings are best Monday through Friday. I play a bit during the day on weekends. My job is a 9-5 type one, so never on during week days.

Which of our raid times would you be able to make?
I'm flexible. Would endeavor to make whatever ones you all could use me for.

Would you be willing to sit out if it is necessary without a fuss?
Sure. Would be good though if there was as much advanced notice as possible that I wouldn't be able to attend something I signed up for.

What website(s) do you use to research your character(s)?
Icyveins. AskMrRobot. Other database'y ones.

Have you spent a sufficient amount of time and gold on your gear, gems, and enchants?
I think so. I keep my stuff fully socket-ed and enchanted.

Raiders are expected to use consumables during raids. In the following categories what consumable would you use and why?
- Flask/Elixirs:
Spring Blossoms - Agi boost makes noteworthy improvement to DPS.
- Well Fed:
Pandaren Treasure Noodle Soup - It's just SOOO yummy.
- Potion:
Virmen's Bite - Much like the flask, the agi boost helps damage output.

If you are DPS, what are the hit / expertise caps your character needs to be viable in a raid?
I need min 7.5% hit. Not sure what expertise needs to be though. Usually use AskMrRobot to fine tune things.

What is the basic gemming strategy for your character?
Agi, Agi, Agi!!!

What is the basic reforging strategy for your character?
Basically just let AskMrRobot do all of the math for me, then blindly follow it's suggestions

What is your favorite boss fight and why? What boss haven't you fought that you're looking forward to the most?
I have fun in current expansion with Spoils, and the first boss of second wing of SoO. Lots going on, not just the standard get in position and focus on rotation type fights. Also had fun doing Onyxia back in the day, seemed like such an achievement when the guild finally got her down. Plus was also my first MMO raid boss experience. As far as looking forward to, I think Garrosh in normal would be cool - only ever done it in LFR, and its a pretty fun battle.

What boss mod(s) do you use?
DBM. Use some weak auras stuff too, although not technically a boss mod.

What website(s) do you use to proactively research raid encounters?
IcyVeins

Please link your armory profile:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... ard/simple

Is there anything else you want to tell us?
I pride myself on being respectful and generally a good person to have around. I will never be the best player in a guild due to not having tons of time to throw at WoW, however am typically good enough to productively fill a raid spot. Hopefully you can find a spot for me.

Are there any ways that we can improve the application process?
It seems okay. Never really applied to a guild before this, so don't really have a baseline to judge your process against.

draven

Re: Application

Post by draven » October 13th, 2014, 3:33 pm

greetings, thanks for the app! everything looks pretty good for the most part. you are a bit over hit and expertise caps, but that will fix itself tomorrow, and you theoretically should have dancing steel on your off-hand, but it doesn't really matter at this point. i suspect we are pretty much done raiding in mop aside from random stuff, but we will of course continue in wod and everything will be re-evaluated then. anywho, track someone down online and we can get you an invite :)