Name (first name only): Robert
Character Name: Darkthought
Realm: Kilrogg
Class: Warlock
Level: 560
Main Spec: Destruction
Off Spec: Affliction
Trade skills: Inscription / Tailoring

Have you read and understand the following posts?
- Read This Before Applying
- Ranks
- About Us
Yep!

Which of the following best describes your raiding goals? The rest of your application will be judged based on the answer to this question, so please make sure your character reflects your goals.
1. Raid whenever you have time in whatever group is most convenient
2. Raid consistently in a normal mode group and maybe some heroics
3. Dedicated to progressing through heroics at whatever rate the group is capable of
4. Hardcore heroic progression
5. None of the above, please explain:

What is your raid experience? Please list as much as you think is relevant.
I have completed 14/14 SOO on normal

Why did you leave your previous (current) guild?
I do not plan to leave my horde guild, I will be planning to boost a character and level it to raid with Forged alliance in WoD

How did you find out about our guild?
Guild Ranking and from asking around on the server.

Does anyone in our guild know you?
Unfortunatly no i have only recently come back to this server

How many alts do you have and is this your main?
I currently have 5 lv 90's on horde
Warlock
Shaman
Paladin
Hunter
Monk

I have a level 73 warrior on Destromath allience and i am looking to boost another toon for whatever the guild would need. preferably a hunter or paladin.

What are your play times?
I play allot. I do most of my grinding during the day but my other half has requested i keep raiding to 2-3 times a week but i am open as to what days

Which of our raid times would you be able to make?
any of them

Would you be willing to sit out if it is necessary without a fuss?
of course progression does not always favor a single group comp

What website(s) do you use to research your character(s)?
icy veins and ask mr robot for gear stats
Noxxic, Wowhead, Google, icyveins, and anything else i can find for rotations macros and so on

Have you spent a sufficient amount of time and gold on your gear, gems, and enchants?
on my main toons i feel like i have done pretty well... i have been back to wow for just over 2 months and i should have my cloak by the end of next week. I am waiting for titan runestones.

Raiders are expected to use consumables during raids. In the following categories what consumable would you use and why?
- Flask/Elixirs: flask of the warm sun (intellect is the most appropriate boost for the class)
- Well Fed: Pandaren treasure noodle soup (because iyes i would like some of your hot noodle soup)
- Potion: potion of the jade serpent (intellect is the best overall dps boost for warlocks)

If you are DPS, what are the hit / expertise caps your character needs to be viable in a raid?
15%

What is the basic gemming strategy for your character?
make the hit cap and then stack mastery
to be honest i just ask mr robot

What is the basic reforging strategy for your character?
ask mr robot - i hate to say it but i have never found an alternative geming strategy to mastery stacking for a destruction warlock although i am always open for suggestions

What is your favorite boss fight and why? What boss haven't you fought that you're looking forward to the most?
I like fighting the dark shamans in SOO cause it makes me look good on a dps meter. Garosh is also fun because it is challenging. I don't mind wiping 100 times to learn a boss as long as people are willing to keep learning and not make the same mistakes for 2 weeks strait.

What boss mod(s) do you use?
dbm, i use many other mods that do small things in raids but dbm is the main one

What website(s) do you use to proactively research raid encounters?
youtube,

Please link your armory profile:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... hts/simple

Is there anything else you want to tell us?
I am applying with my warlock because i believe this is the best toon to show my capabilities. My plan is to boost a character to level 90 and join your raiding groups as they attack the new expansion. I am open to playing a variety of classes although i would most prefer to play a hunter or holy paladin.

Are there any ways that we can improve the application process?
not really i hope that this is enough information if it is not you can message me on my battletag( Antaganizer#1925 ) or just leave a comment and ill check back over the next several days.

Inori

Re: Darkthoughts-kilrogg H Looking to finish content in a fu

Post by Inori » September 18th, 2014, 7:47 pm

There really isn't a need to submit a raiding application if there is no raiding toon that would be promoted to that rank upon joining. I'll let Jeff handle the rest.

-HP

Raste

Post by Raste » September 18th, 2014, 8:10 pm

Thank you

draven

Post by draven » September 19th, 2014, 8:07 am

greetings, thanks for the app! as inori said, it wasn't entirely necessary to fill out a raider app if you don't intend to raid until wod on a different character, but thank you nonetheless for doing so.

i've only a few comments:
Raste wrote:Name (first name only):
eh?
Raste wrote: What is your favorite boss fight and why? What boss haven't you fought that you're looking forward to the most?
I like fighting the dark shamans in SOO cause it makes me look good on a dps meter.
big numbers can be fun and all, but boosting overall dps on the meters is frequently counterproductive to progression if mechanics aren't handled properly or overall time constraints aren't met. that said, shamans is indeed one of the encounters where multi-dotting and blowing up the slimes as quickly as possible is generally ideal.
Raste wrote: Is there anything else you want to tell us?
I am applying with my warlock because i believe this is the best toon to show my capabilities. My plan is to boost a character to level 90 and join your raiding groups as they attack the new expansion. I am open to playing a variety of classes although i would most prefer to play a hunter or holy paladin.
it's difficult to tell for wod at this point, but i'm guessing we don't need anything in particular, and our general philosophy is to play whatever you prefer as long as you're not frequently switching mains.

my only other comment is not particularly relevant as far as joining the guild, but your lock is over the spell hit cap by a fair amount. it may be a coincidence, but your melee hit is at 15%, which is different from the spell hit cap and not the cap you are looking for.

anywho, track someone down when you get your new character set up and we can get you an invite :)

Raste

Post by Raste » September 21st, 2014, 6:51 am

My first name is Robert. :p