Boosted7M

Blood DK LF raiding spot.

Post by Boosted7M » May 20th, 2014, 7:25 pm

Name (first name only): Justin
Character Name: Ikubar
Class: Death Knight
Level: 90
Main Spec: Blood
Off Spec: Unholy, Although switching back to frost.
Trade skills: Mining-JC

Have you read and understand the following posts?
- Read This Before Applying [X]
- Ranks [X]
- About Us [X]

Which of the following best describes your raiding goals? The rest of your application will be judged based on the answer to this question, so please make sure your character reflects your goals.
1. Raid whenever you have time in whatever group is most convenient
2. Raid consistently in a normal mode group and maybe some heroics [X] (Note: Would like to eventually get to number 3, once geared better.)
3. Dedicated to progressing through heroics at whatever rate the group is capable of
4. Hardcore heroic progression
5. None of the above, please explain:

What is your raid experience? Please list as much as you think is relevant.
Raided ICC back in the day as DPS (hunter) and took some raiding time off at Cata launch, picked up tanking and started to get into raiding again during Dragon Soul. Took break due to Military Training/Deployment, and started back up again for ToT, and have been raiding SoO pretty normally since start.

Why did you leave your previous (current) guild?
Was on Stormreaver, Alliance was dead/guild was dead.

How did you find out about our guild?
Through a couple of friends that I've been playing with for awhile now.

Does anyone in our guild know you?
Michee and Yummys

How many alts do you have and is this your main?
This is my main PVE toon, and have a mage alt. And a PVP main Rogue.

What are your play times?
Usually at night after spending time with my wife and after making dinner.

Which of our raid times would you be able to make?
I should be able to make any really with them starting at night. Although there might be some times I cant raid or play due to Military scheduling/events that I just CANT miss.

Would you be willing to sit out if it is necessary without a fuss?
That wouldn't be a problem at all. I do understand that there is only X amount of spots and probably ALOT more people than slots lol.

What website(s) do you use to research your character(s)?
I've used Icy Veins, Ask Mr. Robot, also in the past ive used Noxxic but havent for awhile.

Have you spent a sufficient amount of time and gold on your gear, gems, and enchants?
Yes I have. I usually check Ask Mr. Robot after getting new loot for making sure that I'm using the proper enchant/gems and that I've properly re-forged.

Raiders are expected to use consumables during raids. In the following categories what consumable would you use and why?
- Flask/Elixirs: Flask of the Earth. I use this for having the extra stam to be able to have more overall health.
- Well Fed: Pandaren Treasure Noodle Soup. Choosing this Gives the greatest bonus for a 'useful' stat for my role.
- Potion: In all honesty, I usually don't us potions, due to not having an alcamest, but to have healing potions I'd use in "OH SH!T" moments if all other means of damage mitigation/self heals/heals are not avail.

If you are DPS, what are the hit / expertise caps your character needs to be viable in a raid?

What is the basic gemming strategy for your character?
I'm using a Mastery/Stam build for my tank. So I've been gemming as such. Sometimes I might have to grab a different stat gem than Mastery/Stam to keep the socket bonus if need be.

What is the basic reforging strategy for your character?
I've been reforging out of stats that aren't the most important for the spec into Mastery, due to that Mastery/Stam build that I'm using.

What is your favorite boss fight and why? What boss haven't you fought that you're looking forward to the most?
I actually like the Garrosh encounter due to the high dmg that I can put out due to the Vengence gained, and AoE dmg that I can do with my DoT's.
I've tanked all the encounters atleast on flex, but I do look forward to learning more about Paragons because that's the encounter I'd say I know the least about.
What boss mod(s) do you use?
I use Deadly Boss Mods.

What website(s) do you use to proactively research raid encounters?
I mostly use YouTube to view different Tank guides/guild kills and try to take the best from all and to add that to my overall knowledge. Learn what they did wrong or could improve on, and also add that to my knowledge. I also talk to and try to talk to people that raid heroics or have more experience raiding normals/heroic than I do for tips or pointers.

Please link your armory profile:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... r/advanced

Is there anything else you want to tell us?
I am always up to learn more, take constructive criticism, and just want to have fun but at the same time get better while playing WoW. We do pay for it so I wanna take advantage of all the content and get the most out it. Its a big stress reliever for me and also I do like the challenge that comes along with it.
I also love the way that you guys have the website and such is laid out it looks like you guys have your ducks all in a row and are organized. Im used to that structure (being military and all haha) but look forward to hopefully joining you guys and helping where I can.
Are there any ways that we can improve the application process?
So far its pretty good. All the questions are good and have to do with the spot that I'm applying for. I dont know what differs from this app than that of just the normal application but its very good.

Inori

Re: Blood DK LF raiding spot.

Post by Inori » May 20th, 2014, 7:41 pm

Since Michelle vouches for his maturity, I invited him to the guild and set him at casual raider since I have no idea how DKs work. I'll let Jeff review the technical parts of the app and promote to raider rank.

-HP

draven

Post by draven » May 21st, 2014, 1:35 pm

greetings, thanks for the app! everything looks pretty good to me, i was going to comment that you are over the hit cap, but you've reforged out of hit everywhere except one of your rings, so there isn't much you can do about it. you may want to make sure you're at the expertise cap, but that is more of a personal opinion. welcome aboard :)

Boosted7M

Post by Boosted7M » May 21st, 2014, 8:00 pm

Thanks for the input. Ill have to double check where the expertise cap is at again but I still need to get rid of a few more things to upgrade and with those upgrades I think that it would go up from that as well. Thanks again :D