Level: 90
Main Spec: beast mastery
Off Spec: marksman
Trade skills: mining and engineering

Have you read and understand the following posts? Yes
- Read This Before Applying
- Ranks
- About Us

Which of the following best describes your raiding goals? The rest of your application will be judged based on the answer to this question, so please make sure your character reflects your goals.
1. Raid whenever you have time in whatever group is most convenient
2. Raid consistently in a normal mode group and maybe some heroics
3. Dedicated to progressing through heroics at whatever rate the group is capable of
4. Hardcore heroic progression
5. None of the above, please explain:
Well i have done normal SoO and am experienced with many strats. i live in Alberta Canada and work in the oilfield so when i am away i get good time in but when i leave for nights its 8 pm server time so thats when i may slightly be inactive but still on daily. i bid on jobs when i want to work but after a job is complete i usually take a decent amount of time off because i make really good money so i am able to do some really serious hardcore progression.

What is your raid experience? Please list as much as you think is relevant.
ive been fairly active since lich king. i had one account before this but it was hacked in cata so i stopped after firelands until MoP came out then got right back into it. raiding is all ive ever really done on wow. and have good experience with all raids but my overall jewel currently is SoO and i have very good exp with it

Why did you leave your previous (current) guild?
Well im a co gm of this guild but one of our member became corrupt or drank to much or something and /g kicked everyone. it was about 500 members and we helped alot of ppl and had some good progression going but its been very depressing since and i strive to do more with my time.

How did you find out about our guild?
trade chat and old friends from huge in japan

Does anyone in our guild know you?
probably if they are still there i would have to see

How many alts do you have and is this your main?
i have a really strong main and about 5 alts between 40 and 87

What are your play times?
every evening i am up late b/c i usually work nights when i decide to go for a job. but when i am on nights im on for a few hours till 8pm server time

Which of our raid times would you be able to make?
any possible

Would you be willing to sit out if it is necessary without a fuss?
no problem theirs always individual things to practice and work on if need be

What website(s) do you use to research your character(s)?
noxxic is toxic i learn alot by GM of death jesters on Twitch.tv wich i am subscribed

Have you spent a sufficient amount of time and gold on your gear, gems, and enchants?
Yes

Raiders are expected to use consumables during raids. In the following categories what consumable would you use and why?
- Flask/Elixirs: Agility flasks (hunter)
- Well Fed: 600 pandaren treasure noodle carts. (every bit counts)
- Potion: venom agility flask (4000) agility is always good for hero/end of boss

If you are DPS, what is the (spell) hit your character needs to be viable in a raid?
just enough to not miss.. not sure if i understood this question

What is the basic gemming strategy for your character?
agility

What is the basic reforging strategy for your character?
usually always tryna keep hit and expertise low as possible without giving a chance to miss or be dodged

What is your favorite boss fight and why? What boss haven't you fought that you're looking forward to the most?
my current favorite ones are seigecrafter blackfuse or malkorok because most people fail at them and i do well. looking forward to all of the current content

What boss mod(s) do you use?
i have dbm but i use VeM and find it does very well to help pay attention to other things without reading dbm things

What website(s) do you use to proactively research raid encounters?
twitch.tv some youtube

Please link your armory profile: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... low/simple

Is there anything else you want to tell us?
i really hope to join as i am really excited to progress through the game

Are there any ways that we can improve the application process? i think it is pretty good besides the one question not sure if i read it wrong but yes it is good

draven

Re: Guild application

Post by draven » May 4th, 2014, 11:52 pm

greetings, thanks for the app! sorry to hear your guild was corrupted, that is unfortunate. everything looks pretty good, but i have a couple comments:
Jesse50James wrote: If you are DPS, what is the (spell) hit your character needs to be viable in a raid?
just enough to not miss.. not sure if i understood this question
the question refers to the hit / expertise caps needed for your character / spec, which in your case is 7.5% for each. you are currently a bit over the hit cap and a bit under the expertise cap. any hit / expertise over the cap are generally wasted stats, while being under the cap means your attacks will miss which is wasted dps. therefore you should either reforge out of hit and / or replace the hit gems in your shoulders with agility / hit, and reforge into expertise. the crit gem in your helm is also questionable, since it is one of the weaker stats for beast mastery. ask mr. robot and other similar tools are good for optimizing your gear and stats, since usually figuring out the ideal setup is difficult.

finally, my standard disclaimer to youngins these days (or anyone for that matter) is that we expect our members to behave in a mature and respectful manner, but as long as you are capable of doing so it shouldn't be an issue. track someone down online and we can get you an invite :)

Jesse50James

Re: Guild application

Post by Jesse50James » May 5th, 2014, 12:59 am

thanks for the help. i will message someone in game. i have done some re adjustments if you would like to take a look. :D