Veteran WoW player

tell us about yourself and what brings you to Forged Alliance
sear5668

Veteran WoW player

Post by sear5668 » May 3rd, 2014, 8:32 pm

I just wanted to say that I am returning after a two year break (along with my cousin). Both of us have played since WoW launched and have raided in every version.
Name (first name only): Patrick
Character Name: Flokie
Class: Monk
Level: 90
Main Spec: MW
Off Spec: BM
Trade skills: Herb/Alch

Have you read and understand the following posts? Yes I have read over everything and looked at your guilds history/goals.
- Read This Before Applying
- Ranks
- About Us

Which of the following best describes your raiding goals? The rest of your application will be judged based on the answer to this question, so please make sure your character reflects your goals.
1. Raid whenever you have time in whatever group is most convenient
2. Raid consistently in a normal mode group and maybe some heroics
3. Dedicated to progressing through heroics at whatever rate the group is capable of
4. Hardcore heroic progression
5. None of the above, please explain:

I consider myself dedicated to progressing(#3/4) but because of my time constraints with graduate school I will have to go with #2.

What is your raid experience? Please list as much as you think is relevant. Vanilla was my most hardcore. I was with the top one of the top Azgalor guilds and raided MC, BWL, ZG, AQ 20/40. I primarily did Arena in BC/WotlK and raided casually. Cata I was swamped with school and working so I didn't have time to raid every week. Now that I have returned I have leveled my paly, DK and monk to 90. I have done all the raids in LFR as a DPS, healer and tank.

Why did you leave your previous (current) guild? The guilds that I was apart of no longer exists. After BC my hardcore guild disbanded(along with many of the great guilds in Vanilla/BC).

How did you find out about our guild? I returned to WoW 2 weeks ago and saw a player recruiting

Does anyone in our guild know you? No

How many alts do you have and is this your main? DK(for dps), Paly(for tanking), and Monk(heals)... My priest and druid are 85. I rotate but enjoy healing the most I would say. I love to do all three so whatever is needed.

What are your play times? Right now I can raid any day.

Which of our raid times would you be able to make? Join raid, 2nd raid and maybe 3rd group.

Would you be willing to sit out if it is necessary without a fuss? Yep. If the raid is full or needs something I can't offer that is fine.

What website(s) do you use to research your character(s)? When I left there were noxxic, icy-veins and several others. I still use them but try and learn from experience and by asking guild mates.

Have you spent a sufficient amount of time and gold on your gear, gems, and enchants? My gear always has the best gems for my class.

Raiders are expected to use consumables during raids. In the following categories what consumable would you use and why?
- Flask/Elixirs: Always
- Well Fed: Always
- Potion: If I need them

If you are DPS, what is the (spell) hit your character needs to be viable in a raid?

What is the basic gemming strategy for your character? Make my character as efficient as possible.. If i am lacking in a certain area I can use gems to pick up the slack but I usually just maximize my main stats.

What is the basic reforging strategy for your character? get my stats where they need to be(hit cap, expert cap, etc..)

What is your favorite boss fight and why? What boss haven't you fought that you're looking forward to the most?

What boss mod(s) do you use? on flokie I have a healing/dps meter, grid, Deadly boss mods, and some custom bar UI

What website(s) do you use to proactively research raid encounters? Youtube! several great guides that show and explain fights on their channels.

Please link your armory profile:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced

Is there anything else you want to tell us? My cousin and I are 24/25 and want a guild that we can pvp, pve, dailies and just have a great time talking with. Both of us are pumped to be back and really want to find a guild to grow with and enjoy the next expansion! Thanks for taking the time to develop a guild and actually care about the people in your guild.

draven

Re: Veteran WoW player

Post by draven » May 4th, 2014, 11:08 am

greetings, thanks for the app! your gear does not meet our requirements for raiders, but we can get you an invite as a casual raider for now and once you are able to gear up you may request a promotion. otherwise everything else looks good. track someone down online and we can get you an invite :)