549 Feral LFG :)

Post by Alternaverse » May 3rd, 2014, 7:45 pm

Name: Chris
Character Name: Alternaverse-Azshara
Class: Druid
Level: 90
Main Spec: Feral
Off Spec: Guardian
Trade skills: Mining/Enchanting maxed + all minor professions maxed.

Have you read and understand the following posts?
- Read This Before Applying - yep
- Ranks - yep
- About Us - yep

Which of the following best describes your raiding goals? The rest of your application will be judged based on the answer to this question, so please make sure your character reflects your goals.
1. Raid whenever you have time in whatever group is most convenient
2. Raid consistently in a normal mode group and maybe some heroics
3. Dedicated to progressing through heroics at whatever rate the group is capable of
4. Hardcore heroic progression
5. None of the above, please explain:
I can raid whenever I'm available. Which is very flexable. I'd love a set raid schedule. I'm currently screwing around with Flex to better understand mechanics. Going to do some normal mode soon via PUGs (OQ) Once I'm comfortable with mechanics I'd like to move through heroic and be really good at it :). I'd love to do every raid in heroic.

What is your raid experience? Please list as much as you think is relevant.
All achievements up to Lich king. MOP: LFR to get cloak. a few flex bosses in SoO.

Why did you leave your previous (current) guild?
Guild before my current didn;t raid/pvp or even run challenge modes.
Made a guild (my current) for a bank + alt leveling.

How did you find out about our guild?
Trade chat.

Does anyone in our guild know you?
No.

How many alts do you have and is this your main?
This is my main. 2 other 90's + 80 rogue. Also leveling every other class at various levels.

What are your play times?
I play a lot. Work from home so I am available whenever.

Which of our raid times would you be able to make?
Tue/Thurs. Probably the Friday.

Would you be willing to sit out if it is necessary without a fuss?
Sure. I'd like to at least try every boss once, but if the fight really doesn't need a feral, that's the mechanic.

What website(s) do you use to research your character(s)?
Mr. Robot + Icyviens.

Have you spent a sufficient amount of time and gold on your gear, gems, and enchants?
Yeah. Probably too much time.

Raiders are expected to use consumables during raids. In the following categories what consumable would you use and why?
- Flask/Elixirs: flask of spring blossoms - agility
- Well Fed: seamist rice noodles/treasure noodles - 300 agility
- Potion: Master healing just in case, but virmen's bite mostly for 4000 agility buff

If you are DPS, what is the (spell) hit your character needs to be viable in a raid?
7.5% both hit & expertise.

What is the basic gemming strategy for your character?
Agility. But I consult Mr. robot religiously to ensure good overall stats.

What is the basic reforging strategy for your character?
make sure hit = expertise in range of 7.5. Mastery> crit> haste

What is your favorite boss fight and why? What boss haven't you fought that you're looking forward to the most?
I have a lot of fights I like, but nothing that is a favorite. Each mechanic is interesting. Thok is really fun though. Elgalon in LFR is hilarious.
Haven't killed Deathwing yet, really looking forward to being able to kill him.

What boss mod(s) do you use?
dbm + a curse load of other aids to my ui.

What website(s) do you use to proactively research raid encounters?
youtube. fatboss guides + others
icyviens
wowhead

Please link your armory profile:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... rse/simple

Is there anything else you want to tell us?
I also PvP a bunch. You'll notice I do have some pvp pieces in my set.. rng has been more kind to my alts. :(
I have my offspec 608 cloak. Working on getting my gear right for tank. Tried the stam priority for it but I'm leaning to try a rage build.
Mainly tank to get achievements in older content. Not completely comfortable tanking SoO yet. Done it a few times on some bosses. Just trying to perfect it a bit.

Are there any ways that we can improve the application process?
Nah it seem pretty good.

draven

Re: 549 Feral LFG :)

Post by draven » May 4th, 2014, 10:42 am

greetings, thanks for the app! everything looks good to me. you should be aware that our main tuesday / thursday raid is generally full, but there would almost definitely be a spot for you in the friday raid.
Alternaverse wrote: Is there anything else you want to tell us?
I also PvP a bunch. You'll notice I do have some pvp pieces in my set.. rng has been more kind to my alts. :(
I have my offspec 608 cloak. Working on getting my gear right for tank. Tried the stam priority for it but I'm leaning to try a rage build.
Mainly tank to get achievements in older content. Not completely comfortable tanking SoO yet. Done it a few times on some bosses. Just trying to perfect it a bit.
we're not a pvp guild, but there are people in the guild who run arenas pretty regularly. we used to run rbgs, but it has been a while since there was enough interest. the 550 pvp gear is actually fine for pve as well, it is competitive with flex gear. i would definitely recommend the rage build for guardian if your primary goal is tanking old stuff, it makes killing things a lot easier, and it is also probably preferable for 10 person raids anyway if you've any interest in tanking regular raids.

anywho, track someone down online and we can get you an invite :)