Post by Mister_Casper » April 1st, 2014, 12:31 am

Name (first name only): Devon
Character Name: Gwendollyn
Class: Priest
Level: 90
Main Spec: Holy
Off Spec: Shadow
Trade skills: Alchemy

Have you read and understand the following posts?
- Read This Before Applying -- YES
- Ranks -- YES
- About Us -- YES

Which of the following best describes your raiding goals? The rest of your application will be judged based on the answer to this question, so please make sure your character reflects your goals.
1. Raid whenever you have time in whatever group is most convenient
2. Raid consistently in a normal mode group and maybe some heroics
3. Dedicated to progressing through heroics at whatever rate the group is capable of
4. Hardcore heroic progression
5. None of the above, please explain:
My best answer would be a mix of numbers 3 and 4. I would love to be a part of a dedicated group of raiders that raids at very specific times and is always trying to progress, but at the same time I would love to be decked out in full heroic gear and riding the mounts that you get from heroic raid achievements

What is your raid experience? Please list as much as you think is relevant.
I raided through Uldar with a guild before taking a break from WoW. Since returning to WoW a month ago I have been raiding with the looking for raid device, but I would like to be in a guild that has dedicated raid times. I prefer that better items and the better unit cohesion.

Why did you leave your previous (current) guild?
the only reason i am in a guild now is for the mass rez guild perk. I have only recently returned to WoW and I wanted to get my feet under me before applying to raiding guilds.

How did you find out about our guild?
through the looking for guild device in-game

Does anyone in our guild know you?
Not that I am aware of

How many alts do you have and is this your main?
This is indeed my main, but I have 2 level 90 alts, a Holy Paladin and a Destruction Warlock

What are your play times?
I am actually retired from the military, so I could, with zero exaggeration, raid at any time of the day or night. At present however I tend to be playing generally during the hours of 6pm-5am ish

Which of our raid times would you be able to make?
All of them, but ideally when my gear is good enough I would hope to make the raid times of second or third group

Would you be willing to sit out if it is necessary without a fuss?
I am competitive by nature, and i want to be the best geared holy priest in game. that means i want to be clearing full heroics. but i understand that that is something to strive towards, not expect right away, and that means playing nice with anyone and everyone and showing the people that decide who raids and who doesnt the proper respect. essentially: i would not like it, but i doubt very much that i would make a fuss of any kind.

What website(s) do you use to research your character(s)?
as i have only just returned to WoW and am only LFR raiding now, I am ashamed to say that most of my research comes from wowhead and the bradygames guide books. I am hoping that, should I be admitted to this guild, I can talk to the current healers and get advice from them on potential sites

Have you spent a sufficient amount of time and gold on your gear, gems, and enchants?
no. I have only just returned to WoW and because I am constantly replacing items in LRF i have not started enchanting gear etc. I always gem, but i want to save my money for when i start serious raiding.

Raiders are expected to use consumables during raids. In the following categories what consumable would you use and why?
- Flask/Elixirs: flask of falling leaves. spirit = mana regen = sustained healing
- Well Fed: steamed crab surprise, for the same reasons as above
- Potion: master mana potion, mana for healing

If you are DPS, what is the (spell) hit your character needs to be viable in a raid?

What is the basic gemming strategy for your character?
blues=spirit. everything else is spirit mixed with mastery, haste, crit, or int

What is the basic reforging strategy for your character?
I tend to keep my mastery but reforge my haste and crit to keep their percentages near the same level

What is your favorite boss fight and why? What boss haven't you fought that you're looking forward to the most?
cache of pandaren treasures, it is just such an unusual encounter, i love it. I am look forward to see if there is some sort of animation after beating SoO

What boss mod(s) do you use?
I was holding off to see what people in my raid group use so that I can use the same.

What website(s) do you use to proactively research raid encounters?
I just dove in to LFR and learned the fights through experience. outside of that i use wowhead and youtube

Please link your armory profile:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... lyn/simple

Is there anything else you want to tell us?
I LOVE raiding and I honest to god LOVE healing.

Are there any ways that we can improve the application process?

draven

Re: Guild Application

Post by draven » April 1st, 2014, 1:17 am

greetings, thanks for the app! your gear isn't quite where it needs to be at the moment, but if you keep going at the rate you appear to be going i'm guessing you should be fine for the normal mode raid friday. otherwise everything looks pretty good to me. some random comments to follow...
Mister_Casper wrote: Which of the following best describes your raiding goals? The rest of your application will be judged based on the answer to this question, so please make sure your character reflects your goals.
1. Raid whenever you have time in whatever group is most convenient
2. Raid consistently in a normal mode group and maybe some heroics
3. Dedicated to progressing through heroics at whatever rate the group is capable of
4. Hardcore heroic progression
5. None of the above, please explain:
My best answer would be a mix of numbers 3 and 4. I would love to be a part of a dedicated group of raiders that raids at very specific times and is always trying to progress, but at the same time I would love to be decked out in full heroic gear and riding the mounts that you get from heroic raid achievements
this is not a hardcore guild, but we do ok. we're currently progressing on heroics in siege of orgrimmar and the current plan is to find enough people for mythic in wod, but it is highly unlikely that we will be competing for server firsts if that is what you're eventually looking for.
Mister_Casper wrote: What website(s) do you use to research your character(s)?
as i have only just returned to WoW and am only LFR raiding now, I am ashamed to say that most of my research comes from wowhead and the bradygames guide books. I am hoping that, should I be admitted to this guild, I can talk to the current healers and get advice from them on potential sites
elitist jerks, icy veins, and ask mr. robot (all linked at the top of the site) are generally good places to start. the blizzard forums are occasionally helpful as well. there are likely holy priest specific sites as well, the googles can probably help you with that. we also have a couple priest types that would probably be happy to help you out.
Mister_Casper wrote: Raiders are expected to use consumables during raids. In the following categories what consumable would you use and why?
- Flask/Elixirs: flask of falling leaves. spirit = mana regen = sustained healing
fyi, once you are geared you will find that you have more spirit than you need. how much spirit you aim for varies by class and depends on your personal preference and play style, but eventually you'll probably want to use flask of the warm sun for the extra intellect.
Mister_Casper wrote: What boss mod(s) do you use?
I was holding off to see what people in my raid group use so that I can use the same.
a boss mod such as deadly boss mods (aka dbm) is pretty much required these days. for healing there are a few setups that work as well, i personally prefer grid + clique, but other options include vuhdo and others than i can't remember off the top of my head. some sort of ability timer is helpful as well, such as weakauras or tellmewhen.

anywho, i think that's enough rambling from me. track someone down online and we can get you an invite :)