Delgremar

Application: Delgremar Retribution Paladin

Post by Delgremar » March 1st, 2014, 1:54 am

Name (first name only): Efrain
Character Name: Delgremar
Class: Paladin
Level: 90
Main Spec: Retribution
Off Spec: Holy (Don't mind switching to Prot)
Trade skills: JC / Mining

Have you read and understand the following posts? Yes
- Read This Before Applying
- Ranks
- About Us

Which of the following best describes your raiding goals? The rest of your application will be judged based on the answer to this question, so please make sure your character reflects your goals.

2. Raid consistently in a normal mode group and maybe some heroics

What is your raid experience? Please list as much as you think is relevant.

I used to be an avid raider back during Wrath and Cata and would down all major content on normal before future updates would be released. I stopped playing when Firelands came out and just returned a few weeks ago. I have since then downed 12/14 on Flex and on my two attempts of normal downed 6/12 both times on 10 man SoO.

Why did you leave your previous (current) guild?

When I came back I needed a guild to help pick me back up to pace with what the game has become, and they are interested in only flex raiding and first half of normal. I am looking for a guild more dedicated to raiding to get me back to how I used to play the game.

Does anyone in our guild know you?

Not that I am aware of.

How did you find out about our guild?

I found out through advertisement in chat and looking up raiding guilds on the Destromath server.

How many alts do you have and is this your main?

This is my main character and my only level 90. I do have a druid and warlock on their way to 90.

What are your play times?

I am free Monday-Friday evenings after 7pst and on weekends all day long.

Which of our raid times would you be able to make?

Tuesday/Thursday evening raid would work best with my current schedule but i could attend the fri/sat/sun one if I am in town for the weekend.

Would you be willing to sit out if it is necessary without a fuss?

Absolutely, though it wouldn't be preferred, I do not mind sitting out every now and then for whatever reasons.

Have you spent a sufficient amount of time and gold on your gear, gems, and enchants?

I have crafted the belt and legs for my paladin, and have the best gems and enchants on at all times. I know how important it is to always be up to date on gear.

Raiders are expected to use consumables during raids. In the following categories what consumable would you use and why?
- Flask/Elixirs: Flask of Winter's Bite for STR buff
- Well Fed: Treasure Noodle Soup for 300STR
- Potion: Potion of Mogu Power for massive STR burst

If you are DPS, what is the (spell) hit your character needs to be viable in a raid?

7.5% hit rating, I am draenei so i gear +6.5% to my hit.

What is the basic gemming strategy for your character?

I gem hit/haste, exp/haste, and pure haste depending on the slot color. Also I use my JC gems as pure STR since the Haste is currently slightly underpowered due to the amount given.

What is the basic reforging strategy for your character?

Reforge to hit and exp cap, then to haste where possible, then mastery.

What is your favorite boss fight and why? What boss haven't you fought that you're looking forward to the most?

My favorite boss goes back to Atramedes from BWD during cata. I loved the use of external mechanics with the bells and the raid awareness required. For current content my favorite fight is Galakras. I enjoy fights that split people up into different tasks during a boss fight, and I usually am always in the tower. I am looking forward to Thok on 10m as I like a challenge and as long as awareness is high it shouldn't be a problem.

What boss mod(s) do you use?

Deadly Boss Mods, Recount *To make sure I'm pulling my weight*

What website(s) do you use to read up on encounters proactively?

I use Icy Veins along with watching Youtube videos.

Please link your armory profile:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... r/advanced

Is there anything else you want to tell us?

I am waiting for a new head piece before using my legendary gem on it. I should be getting the legendary cloak in about 2 weeks. I also switch between two trinkets, one that cleaves and one that is good on single target fights. The second one however is iLvL 510 and I have constantly been trying to get an upgrade.

Are there any ways that we can improve the application process?

Ask what other resources we are using to increase are skills and knowledge about our character. For example, I use icy-veins to learn about priority, talents, gems, and enchants. And I use AskMrRobot to help me with optimizing my gear.

draven

Re: Application: Delgremar Retribution Paladin

Post by draven » March 1st, 2014, 11:52 am

greetings, thanks for the app! i have vague recollections of possibly commiserating with you about how much fun hexos isn't a while back, but that may have been someone else.

everything looks good to me, but unfortunately we are already overfull on melee for our tuesday / thursday raid so there probably isn't a spot there at the moment. if you are interested and capable of raiding as holy, that may work better. also, with the merge next week (assuming it's not delayed again) i think we should be able to get a second group going which would likely be friday and / or monday nights, so that may work as well.

finally, my standard disclaimer to youngins these days (or anyone for that matter) is that we expect our members to behave in a mature and respectful manner, but as long as you are capable of doing so it shouldn't be an issue.

anywho, track someone down online and we can get you an invite.
Delgremar wrote: Are there any ways that we can improve the application process?

Ask what other resources we are using to increase are skills and knowledge about our character. For example, I use icy-veins to learn about priority, talents, gems, and enchants. And I use AskMrRobot to help me with optimizing my gear.
thanks for the feedback :)

Delgremar

Re: Application: Delgremar Retribution Paladin

Post by Delgremar » March 1st, 2014, 7:51 pm

Yes that was me at the Brawler's Guild a few weeks back haha, that was a boss that I'm glad is over with. As far as maturity I am 22 and finishing college so that shouldn't be too much trouble to act my age. I understand that the Tue/Thurs one is filled, so if after the merge a new group will be forming I would love to join in as a main melee member. I will be finishing my last raid with my current guild next week and after that I will message someone from the guild for an invite, thank you very much.