Post by Peachypete » February 9th, 2014, 6:22 pm

Name (first name only): Shawn
Character Name: PeachyPete
Class: Paladin
Level: 90
Main Spec: Ret
Off Spec: Holy
Trade skills:

Have you read and understand the following posts?
- Read This Before Applying-Yes
- Ranks-Yes
- About Us-Yes

Which of the following best describes your raiding goals? The rest of your application will be judged based on the answer to this question.
1. Raid whenever you have time in whatever group is most convenient

2. Raid consistently in a normal mode group and maybe some heroics - This would be what best describes my goals.

3. Dedicated to progressing through heroics at whatever rate the group is capable of
4. Hardcore heroic progression
5. None of the above, please explain:

What is your raid experience? Please list as much as you think is relevant.
Been Raiding since cata, BWD/BOT we downed every boss but Nef and Cho in a casual raiding guild.
7/7 Firelands, tried heroics but could not manage to down any bosses.
8/8 DS and 2/8 heroic.
Currently have done no raiding on MOP, but want to get back into it.

Why did you leave your previous (current) guild? Faction change

Does anyone in our guild know you? doubt it.

How did you find out about our guild? /2

How many alts do you have and is this your main? 3 and no.

What are your play times? during school days (mon-fri) any time after 5.

Which of our raid times would you be able to make? primarily ones on weekdays, or weekends, fridays and saturdays are generally my work days. (Pizza Delivery guy.)

Would you be willing to sit out if it is necessary without a fuss? yes.

Have you spent proper time and money into your gear / enchants / gems? yes.

Raiders are expected to use consumables during raids. In the following categories what consumable would you use and why?
- Flask/Elixirs: Winters bite
- Well Fed: Pandaren Banquets.
- Potion: Mogu Power

If you are DPS, what is the (spell) hit your character needs to be viable in a raid? 7.5% hit and exp.

What is the basic gemming strategy for your character? HASTE

What is the basic reforging strategy for your character? after hit and exp... HASTE

What is your favorite boss fight and why? What boss haven't you fought that you're looking forward to the most? well, back when i played holy... Ultraxion was amazing... topping the charts with one button... yum :)

Not sure on the fight im currently looking forward too... mostly just getting back into a raid environment.

What boss mod(s) do you use? DMB, and some tracking addons.

What website(s) do you use to read up on encounters proactively? Noxxic is a reliable source for me, as well as tankspot, and askmrrobot.

Please link your armory profile: - waiting for armory to be active, recently faction changed.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... ete/simple

Is there anything else you want to tell us?

Are there any ways that we can improve the application process? Having a hard time finding the raid times... looked at your home page, ended up having to PST a guild member i found advertising in /2

also, my gear is not top knotch/where i want it to be... things i am aware of include;
-Two equip trinkets.
-terrible gemming / no enchants in my chest
-no metta in helm
-random mastery gem in bracers
-unenchanted wep (have dancing steel in inventory... just no way im wasting it on a 478 shitty weapon.)
-high exp stats.
Last edited by Peachypete on February 9th, 2014, 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Velis

Re: Application

Post by Velis » February 9th, 2014, 6:55 pm

He talked to me in trade chat. I sent him here to the site. TIL that we are now a central time server. Anyway, he knows he needs gear so maybe a social/casual flex raider?

Inori

Post by Inori » February 10th, 2014, 2:13 am

The raid times are on the very front page on the line below the progress for the raid groups themselves (the line in bold is the raid progress; the raid times are the line not in bold below it). There used to be a flex raid group that ran on Friday, but interest has dropped off significantly.

Jeff will probably chime in with his usual disclaimer.

-HP

draven

Post by draven » February 10th, 2014, 2:42 am

greetings, thanks for the app! my standard disclaimer to youngins these days (or anyone for that matter) is that we expect our members to behave in a mature and respectful manner, but as long as you are capable of doing so it shouldn't be an issue.

these answers are contradictory:
Peachypete wrote: Have you spent proper time and money into your gear / enchants / gems? yes.
Peachypete wrote: also, my gear is not top knotch/where i want it to be... things i am aware of include;
-Two equip trinkets.
-terrible gemming / no enchants in my chest
-no metta in helm
-random mastery gem in bracers
-unenchanted wep (have dancing steel in inventory... just no way im wasting it on a 478 shitty weapo n.)
-high exp stats.
and now that the armory is updated, i can confirm that you unfortunately do not meet our requirements for raiders. however, we can invite you as a casual raider for now.
Peachypete wrote: Are there any ways that we can improve the application process? Having a hard time finding the raid times... looked at your home page, ended up having to PST a guild member i found advertising in /2
thanks for the feedback, i've cleaned up the home page a bit so hopefully the raid times are easier to find now.

anywho, if you're still interested, please track someone down online and we can get you an invite.