Post by Dreadnot » January 7th, 2014, 4:00 pm

Name (first name only): Erik
Character Name: Dreadnot
Class: Warlock
Level: 90
Main Spec: Destruction
Off Spec: Affliction
Trade skills: Engineering/Alchemy

Have you read and understand the following posts?
- Read This Before Applying
- Ranks
- About Us

Which of the following best describes your raiding goals? The rest of your application will be judged based on the answer to this question.

3. Dedicated to progressing through heroics at whatever rate the group is capable of
4. Hardcore heroic progression

What is your raid experience? Flex SoO through Garrosh

Why did you leave your previous (current) guild? They do nothing together

Does anyone in our guild know you? Possibly, did some hscenarios with 2 of your people yesterday, that's why I am re-applying

How did you find out about our guild? I have been on Destromath since WoW came out.

How many alts do you have and is this your main? This is my main, I also have a 90 pally, 90 druid(horde), 90 monk(horde), and many 80+ toons.

What are your play times? At this point any time.

Which of our raid times would you be able to make? All.

Would you be willing to sit out if it is necessary without a fuss? Yes.

Have you spent proper time and money into your gear / enchants / gems? Yes. :ugeek:

Raiders are expected to use consumables during raids. In the following categories what consumable would you use and why?
- Flask/Elixirs: Flask of the Warm Sun (Alchemist specializing in flasks = 1300 int from flask)
- Well Fed: +300 int
- Potion: Jade Serpent

If you are DPS, what is the (spell) hit your character needs to be viable in a raid? 15%

What is the basic gemming strategy for your character? Once hit capped, Int/mastery/haste.

What is the basic reforging strategy for your character? Once hit capped, Mastery.

What is your favorite boss fight and why? What boss haven't you fought that you're looking forward to the most? I actually love Ordos because he is easy, I do a ton of dps on him, and he drops good loot! I am looking forward to Garrosh on normal or heroic modes, I have only downed him on lfr and flex.

What boss mod(s) do you use? DBM

What website(s) do you use to read up on encounters proactively? icy-veins, mmo-champion

Please link your armory profile: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... not/simple

Anything else we missed or you want to tell us? I look forward to hearing from you!

draven

Re: Hello Again!

Post by draven » January 7th, 2014, 5:23 pm

greetings, thanks for the app, again! this one is somewhat incomplete, but between the two you answered everything. i still know very little about locks, but it seems like everything is in order for the most part. i found these two answers intriguing:
Dreadnot wrote: Which of the following best describes your raiding goals? The rest of your application will be judged based on the answer to this question.
3. Dedicated to progressing through heroics at whatever rate the group is capable of
Dreadnot wrote: What is your favorite boss fight and why? What boss haven't you fought that you're looking forward to the most? I actually love Ordos because he is easy, I do a ton of dps on him, and he drops good loot!
in my personal opinion as a not quite hardcore raider, ordos is an annoying loot pinata that caters to almost, but not quite, the lowest common denominator, easy bosses are boring, dps is secondary to encounter mechanics (most of which can be ignored on ordos), and purplez are generally only a means to an end, which is overall progression. /rant

anywho, you already tracked me down online, so i'll be sending an invite shortly.

Inori

Post by Inori » January 7th, 2014, 8:14 pm

draven wrote:i still know very little about locks, but it seems like everything is in order for the most part.
I'm pretty sure from a gemming standpoint, mastery is still better than 0.5 intellect, therefore you should be favoring mastery instead of intellect for your sockets (i.e., use orange mastery + int gems in red sockets instead of pure int). That being said, your wrist enchant should be 170 intellect; not 170 mastery (since those are warforged bracers off Ordos, you won't be replacing them any time soon).

In any case, in the words of Alan, "roll a warlock; proceed to win".

-HP

draven

Post by draven » January 7th, 2014, 8:37 pm

upon further review, you're enchants, gems, and reforging aren't quite ideal, at least according to ask mr. robot, which is generally accurate about such things, which again makes this an interesting response:
Dreadnot wrote: Which of the following best describes your raiding goals? The rest of your application will be judged based on the answer to this question.
it doesn't really matter as far as your application is concerned, but i would expect someone interested in hardcore heroic progression to be capable of properly maximizing their character.

also, this ;)
Inori wrote: In any case, in the words of Alan, "roll a warlock; proceed to win".

Velis

Post by Velis » January 21st, 2014, 5:38 pm

Glad to see my pearls of wisdom aren't wasted! Warlocks are OP.