Post by Mageyahlook » November 13th, 2013, 9:52 pm

Name (first name only if you prefer): Conal
Character Name: Mageyahlook - Skaarn
Class: Mageyahlook - Mage Skaarn - Death Knight
Level: 90 - 90
Main Spec: Mage - Frost Death Knight - Frost
Off Spec: Mage - Fire Death Knight - FrostPvP
Trade skills: Mage is an Alchemist, DK is a JC

Have you read and understand the following posts?
- Read This Before Applying
- Ranks
- About Us
*Yes*

Which of the following best describes your raiding goals? The rest of your application will be judged based on the answer to this question.
1. Raid whenever you have time in whatever group is most convenient
2. Raid consistently in a normal mode group and maybe some heroics
3. Dedicated to progressing through heroics at whatever rate the group is capable of
4. Hardcore heroic progression
5. None of the above, please explain: Combination of 2 and 3.

What is your raid experience? Please list as much as you think is relevant.
Started raiding in TBC as a mage. In Wrath (on the mage) I was in a 25 man heroic progression guild on Kael'thas. Hell if I can remember their name unfortunately. I raided everything in Wrath and Cata. Didn't do many heroics in Cata. MoP I've done LFR literally up until Garrosh. And mostly done Flex, with a few fights on reg, as my last group was, complicated. I'll explain below.

Why did you leave your previous (current) guild?
I started as a benched ranged for a guild on Horde side called Syncopate. My Item level was very low in comparison to the rest of the group but I did decent DPS all things considered. My raid leader, come to find out, wanted things a certain way and if anyone said anything to the contrary he would kick you out of the raid. That being said, he literally kicked our GM and his friend from the raid one night because they didn't agree with how he was doing things. Needless to say he had to make a new guild. To wrap things up, I left because after the falling out with the previous GM, he assured me I had a core spot for ranged. Then replaced me the next day right before raid time without notice.

Does anyone in our guild know you?
-I spoke with a S. Priest a couple weeks ago. My memory is awful and I was on my hunter. Started with an I, I think.

How did you find out about our guild?
You guys seem to be the only Alliance guild doing anything on Destromath lately.

How many alts do you have and is this your main?
I've started faction changing a few of my chars. As you'll see when you look up my mage, he's horde. That's soon to change.
Main - Mageyahlook
Alt - Skaarn
Alt - Mixcoätl

What are your play times?
I play at night, Pacific, starting around 3:30 - 4:00, and assorted weekends if there's anything happening.

Which of our raid times would you be able to make?
All the times seem alright

Would you be willing to sit out if it is necessary without a fuss?
As long as I get notice ;)

Have you spent proper time and money into your gear / enchants / gems?
Yes. The only issue I'm having with Alliance side if nothing on the AH and no friends to make me stuff!

Raiders are expected to use consumables during raids. In the following categories what consumable would you use and why?
- Flask/Elixirs: I'm an alchy on my mage so I carry flasks.
- Well Fed: Normally the int food. But if I'm out Haste food.
- Potion: I make the +4000 int pots for burst at the start of a fight

If you are DPS, what is the (spell) hit your character needs to be viable in a raid?
15% for the mage, 7.5% for the DK

What is the basic gemming strategy for your character?
Mage - Hit > Int > Haste > Mastery > Crit

What is the basic reforging strategy for your character?
Haste > Mastery > Crit

What is your favorite boss fight and why? What boss haven't you fought that you're looking forward to the most?
My favorite is Malkorok, he's just basic, stand there and move a bit, win ;0 I'm looking forward to actually killing Garrosh. I've had many attempts tanking and DPSing.

What boss mod(s) do you use?
DBM and Recount. For my DK I use a couple Rune and Disease mods.

What website(s) do you use to read up on encounters proactively?
Youtube mostly. Icyveins has good stuff too.

Please link your armory profile:
Mage - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... ook/simple (Excuse the gloves, was wearing 476 gloves before. Practical upgrade)
Death Knight - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... arn/simple

Anything else we missed or you want to tell us?
I am applying for both of them, whichever spot is available. I enjoy them both and wouldn't mind either way.
If there's anything I missed, (I'm at work half asleep I know there'll be something lol) Let me know.

My email is *removed* for Realid

edit: i removed your email address in the hopes of avoiding spam

Inori

Re: Raiding Application - Dual Character

Post by Inori » November 13th, 2013, 11:46 pm

If you were the hunter that spoke with me a few days ago, then yeah, you spoke to my priest Inori. Jeff will be able to give a more concrete response on the 10 man raid spot situation. For the joint flex raids that we run with Pinkbird, there are always spots.

I see that your DK is already Alliance on this server. You may want to check out the flex raid with that toon before spending any money to move the mage over (just in case the environment isn't what you are expecting).

-HP

draven

Post by draven » November 14th, 2013, 3:33 am

greetings, thanks for the app! everything looks pretty good, although you are under the hit cap on both characters, which may just be due to recently acquired gear. we are full on melee, but our roster has been a bit inconsistent the last couple weeks, so there may be a ranged dps spot available for your mage at times, although generally our main raid is full. that said, with the holidays coming up, i expect that things will continue to be inconsistent so we will likely need a sub fairly frequently maybe? the short version of that ramble is that i can't guarantee you a spot, but there will likely be one available. and as inori mentioned, there should always be a spot in the weekend flex raids if you want to check those out before you transfer.

also,for a general idea of how i run things raidwise, you may want to read this:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3872

finally, my standard disclaimer to youngins these days (or anyone for that matter) is that we expect our members to behave in a mature and respectful manner, but as long as you are capable of doing so it shouldn't be an issue. anywho, track someone down online and we can get you an invite on your dk if you like and / or mage if you decide to transfer it anyway.

Mageyahlook

Post by Mageyahlook » November 14th, 2013, 10:43 am

Yeah, I was under hit on the Mage because of my trinkets. Lol. I had my PvP trinkets equipped for that part of my legendary quest. I will be moving my Mage soon. I was planning on full faction swapping anyways, so it works out. I will seek somebody out next time I log on :) I figured there wasn't a concrete spot yet, and as Inori told me that before I was prepared. Thank you guys!