Post by Dreadnot » September 13th, 2013, 1:34 pm

Name (first name only if you prefer): Erik
Character Name: Dreadnot
Class: Lock
Level: 90
Main Spec: Destruction
Off Spec: Affliction
Trade skills: none atm

Have you read and understand the following posts? word.
- Read This Before Applying
- Ranks
- About Us

Which of the following best describes your raiding goals? The rest of your application will be judged based on the answer to this question.3
1. Raid whenever you have time in whatever group is most convenient
2. Raid consistently in a normal mode group and maybe some heroics
3. Dedicated to progressing through heroics at whatever rate the group is capable of <-----check
4. Hardcore heroic progression
5. None of the above, please explain:

What is your raid experience? Please list as much as you think is relevant.
I have raided since MC in vanilla. Been more casual than hardcore but I can get hardcore if the guild and people I raid with are worth the time.

Why did you leave your previous (current) guild?
I stopped playing WoW for a while.

Does anyone in our guild know you?
It is possible, I have 3 90's atm and 6 80+, have played on dif tags since vanilla

How did you find out about our guild?
I have seen you around

How many alts do you have and is this your main?
This is my main now. I also have 90 pally, 90 druid(horde), and many 80+

What are your play times?
day night weekday weekends

Which of our raid times would you be able to make?
any

Would you be willing to sit out if it is necessary without a fuss?
yes

Have you spent proper time and money into your gear / enchants / gems?
yes but I have been out of the game for a bit so I need to work on gear again

Raiders are expected to use consumables during raids. In the following categories what consumable would you use and why?
- Flask/Elixirs: elixir of the rapids - I like to stack haste on destroy lock
- Well Fed: not picky
- Potion: haste

If you are DPS, what is the (spell) hit your character needs to be viable in a raid?
15%

What is the basic gemming strategy for your character?
haste/hit

What is the basic reforging strategy for your character?
haste/hit

What is your favorite boss fight and why? What boss haven't you fought that you're looking forward to the most?
I have not done any of the new org raids. My all time favorite raid boss is probably the first Rag in MC. I miss those days when raiding was actually an event.

What boss mod(s) do you use?
DBM of course.

What website(s) do you use to read up on encounters proactively?
icy-veins, mmo-champion

Please link your armory profile:
Just reactivated account

Anything else we missed or you want to tell us?
Destromath is very lame now compared to how it was. I am hoping to find people to raid, quest, pvp, anything and everything with. I wont be pissed if I miss raids. I have just reactivated my account so my gear needs a little work, shouldn't take me long. ATM my item level is 496. Thanks, hope to hear from you soon.

draven

Re: Hello I am looking for a guild

Post by draven » September 19th, 2013, 8:57 pm

greetings, thanks for the app! my apologies for the delayed response, i'm on vacation and apparently no one else decided to respond. i don't know much about locks, but aside from missing a couple enchants and being under the hit cap everything looks pretty good. you should also pick up professions since every little bonus helps, although it's not a big deal. anywho, if you're still interested, track someone down online and we can get you an invite.

Phaul

Post by Phaul » September 19th, 2013, 11:33 pm

As of 5.4, stat priorities for Destruction Warlocks are Int > Hit/Expertise (Expertise = Hit for casters) to 15% > Mastery > Haste > Crit. Kil'jaeden's Cunning has been severely nerfed this patch, so the all-purpose level 90 talent should be Archimonde's Darkness unless heavy AoE or movement is required.

Inori

Post by Inori » September 20th, 2013, 4:39 pm

Archimonde's Darkness adds a charge system to dark soul, it does not reduce its cooldown. If you have on-use trinkets or other abilities with fixed timing (e.g., herbalism's haste buff is a 2 min CD) that you macro with dark soul, the charge system does nothing for you other than get you just one extra use of the buff (presumably during heroism). That being said, if you do not have any abilities on fixed timing, then the charge system allows you to align your dark soul CDs with various procs (e.g., the haste proc from the legendary meta gem) and not waste any cooldown time (i.e., if you hold a dark soul CD until your next proc, the time spent holding just goes into recharging the second charge).

Also, I checked the guy's armory and it looks like he joined Aegis Crusaders.

-HP