Post by toysntotems » June 19th, 2013, 12:54 am

Name (first name only if you prefer): Jake
Character Name: Toysntotems
Class: Shaman
Level: 90
Main Spec: Restoration
Off Spec:Elemental
Trade skills: Enchanting, Cooking

Have you read and understand the following posts?
- Read This Before Applying
- Ranks
- About Us
yes.

Which of the following best describes your raiding goals? The rest of your application will be judged based on the answer to this question.
1. Raid whenever you have time in whatever group is most convenient
2. Raid consistently in a normal mode group and maybe some heroics
3. Dedicated to progressing through heroics at whatever rate the group is capable of
4. Hardcore heroic progression
5. None of the above, please explain:
I would say for what gear I have at the moment my goal would be number 3, but I would really want to strive for the number 4 option!

What is your raid experience? Please list as much as you think is relevant.
I have some raid experience mostly WOTLK and some Cata raids.
ICC 10/10H
TOC 10/25
VoA 10/25
Dragon Soul Raid Finder

Why did you leave your previous (current) guild?
I stopped playing a while ago, around when MoP went live because I was starting college and all that jazz. I just started back up and reached 90, and I definitely want to raid, and try for progression and have fun kicking ass with fun people. Mt old guild was Fisticuffs if you also wanted that information.

Does anyone in our guild know you?
I don't think so, most of my friends have stopped playing either from not wanting too or the lack of money.

How did you find out about our guild?
Guild finder.

How many alts do you have and is this your main?
This is my main and so far my only level 90 character, but before I level any alts I want to get my main all situated and bad ass again.

What are your play times?
usually 12pm to 2am with breaks in between or if I have plans I don't play.

Which of our raid times would you be able to make?
I believe I can make any of them depending on if I don't have other things going on before hand, which if I were to join I would let the guild know before hand so they could find a replacement.

Would you be willing to sit out if it is necessary without a fuss?
I would be bummed probably but if the group doesn't need me it doesn't need me, and I would be fine.

Have you spent proper time and money into your gear / enchants / gems?
Having just hit 90 I have started the heroic gear grind getting gear to raise my item level, so far none of my gear has gem slots, and I replace most of it so fast I don't bother with enchants.

Raiders are expected to use consumables during raids. In the following categories what consumable would you use and why?
- Flask/Elixirs:
- Well Fed:
- Potion:
Probably the flasks/elixirs, with the extra buff of intel my mana pool would be larger and I could last in fights longer healing or dpsing,

If you are DPS, what is the (spell) hit your character needs to be viable in a raid?
Tough choice, I would say Flame Shock because it causes Lava Lash to crit 100% while its effective, which can lead to massive dps, and it puts on a dot which isn't bad either.

What is the basic gemming strategy for your character?
I usually gem intel or spirit depending on the items bonuses the gear gives.

What is the basic reforging strategy for your character?
I usually go for haste first, and then second after that mastery or crit depending on what i need more.

What is your favorite boss fight and why? What boss haven't you fought that you're looking forward to the most?
My favorite boss fight is probably the Dreamwalker in ICC, mostly because you have to heal her to full health to beat the fight, and as a healer I thought it was one of Blizzards better ideas. I haven't fought any of the MoP bosses yet (yikes I know!) but I can't wait to fight them all, I get all excited thinking about it.

What boss mod(s) do you use?
Deadly boss mods, and I used to have healbot but since I just started back up I need to update them.

What website(s) do you use to read up on encounters proactively?
I use wowwiki, if I kinda already know the fight but need a refresher, but I like youtube specifically fatbosstv their really good at explaing what each move does and what beating a boss entails.

Please link your armory profile:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... ems/simple

Anything else we missed or you want to tell us?
Just that I am excited and ready to get geared up and play with cool people again.

draven

Re: Guild Application Toysntotems

Post by draven » June 19th, 2013, 5:41 pm

greetings, thanks for the app! my standard disclaimer to youngins these days (or anyone for that matter) is that we expect our members to behave in a mature and respectful manner, but as long as you are capable of doing so it shouldn't be an issue. unfortunately you do not meet our requirements for raider rank and your answers to the raiding questions in general are a bit off, but we can get you an invite as a member for now and worry about that stuff once you've had a chance to gear up a bit. also, if you liked dreamwalker you will probably also like tsulong in terrace of endless spring, but in general most of the bosses in mop have been interesting.
anywho, track someone down online and we can get you an invite.

toysntotems

Post by toysntotems » June 19th, 2013, 8:29 pm

Awesome! I didn't expect to be put in raider rank right away anyway with my gear the way it is at the moment. I sent a request through the looking for guild system as well, or should I just try to find someone and ask them

draven

Post by draven » June 19th, 2013, 10:29 pm

the looking for guild system requires you to be online in order to be invited, so you're better off just asking someone when you're on because we generally don't pay attention to the looking for guild stuff ;)