Post by mike.olmeda » April 14th, 2013, 3:05 pm

Name (first name only if you prefer): michael
Character Name: mikeolmeda
Class: warrior
Level: 90
Main Spec: protection
Off Spec: fury
Trade skills: n/a

Have you read and understand the following posts?
- Read This Before Applying yes
- Ranks yes
- About Us yes

Which of the following best describes your raiding goals? The rest of your application will be judged based on the answer to this question.
1. Raid whenever you have time in whatever group is most convenient
2. Raid consistently in a normal mode group and maybe some heroics
3. Dedicated to progressing through heroics at whatever rate the group is capable of
4. Hardcore heroic progression
5. None of the above, please explain: *3

What is your raid experience? Please list as much as you think is relevant. Dragon soul LFR / all Mop except 480 ilvl raids

Why did you leave your previous (current) guild? way to boring. no one communicated, no one was forming groups it was dead

Does anyone in our guild know you? probably not

How did you find out about our guild? i searched the top guilds in destromath

How many alts do you have and is this your main? 2 alts and yes this is my main

What are your play times? my play times vary i am on a lot but recently i have just been doing dailies and signing off sign my past guilds dont raid

Which of our raid times would you be able to make? all of them

Would you be willing to sit out if it is necessary without a fuss? of course

Have you spent proper time and money into your gear / enchants / gems? yes

Raiders are expected to use consumables during raids. In the following categories what consumable would you use and why?
- Flask/Elixirs: for my protection spec i use flask of earth since it increases stamina by 1500 could to give a nice boost to health
- Well Fed:i would use peach pie since it grans 200 parry
- Potion: typically i rely on soul stones during raids

If you are DPS, what is the (spell) hit your character needs to be viable in a raid? dont know how to answer this

What is the basic gemming strategy for your character? not really sure i just gem my gear according to the color and stat that best applies to my characters needs

What is the basic reforging strategy for your character? protection mastery= hit and haste = hit

What is your favorite boss fight and why? What boss haven't you fought that you're looking forward to the most? deathwing because he was just massive. i would love to raid ice crown i heard it was a really cool raid looks like it to.

What boss mod(s) do you use? none

What website(s) do you use to read up on encounters proactively? wow head

Please link your armory profile: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... eda/simple

Anything else we missed or you want to tell us? it would be great to have the opportunity to learn more about wow and improve myself at the same time with your guys help

draven

Re: Guild Application

Post by draven » April 15th, 2013, 6:17 pm

greetings, thanks for the app! my standard disclaimer to youngins these days (or anyone for that matter) is that we expect our members to behave in a mature and respectful manner, but as long as you are capable of doing so it shouldn't be an issue. at the moment, we probably do not have a raid spot for a tank, and unfortunately you do not appear to meet our requirements for raiders. however, we can get you an invite as a casual raider until your get your gear in order. also, a few other things:
mike.olmeda wrote: Raiders are expected to use consumables during raids. In the following categories what consumable would you use and why?
- Flask/Elixirs: for my protection spec i use flask of earth since it increases stamina by 1500 could to give a nice boost to health
- Well Fed:i would use peach pie since it grans 200 parry
- Potion: typically i rely on soul stones during raids
you should use stamina food for tanking, which is generally provided by feasts. you should have healing potions and probably armor potions as well.
mike.olmeda wrote: What is the basic gemming strategy for your character? not really sure i just gem my gear according to the color and stat that best applies to my characters needs

What is the basic reforging strategy for your character? protection mastery= hit and haste = hit
ask mr. robot is an excellent resource to determine which gems and enchants to use, as well as reforging. for tanking it can be a matter of personal preference depending on what you want to favor as far as the various stats, but it will generally point you in the right direction.
mike.olmeda wrote: What boss mod(s) do you use? none
at minimum you will want to use deadly boss mods, and some sort of threat meter will be useful as well.

anyway, track someone down online and we can get you an invite.