raider rank 5/11

rank information and character reviews / questions
draven

raider rank 5/11

Post by draven » May 11th, 2015, 9:11 pm

greetings! this thread is for the raider rank event each week in order to list the issues that i've found for those that do not pass inspection. i am generally picky about these things since i want people to get into the habit of always having their gear in order. if you have any questions feel free to reply here.

myrdinn:
pvp gear / have not completed chapter i: call of the archmage

Jon

Re: raider rank 5/11

Post by Jon » May 12th, 2015, 7:27 am

Whoops, got caught up in Caps hockey on Sunday and didn't log in and out with my resto PvE gear. The only PvE gear I have better than iLvl 660 PvP are a helm and a trinket, however. I assume you'd rather see PvP 660s vs. PvE 655 in every case besides trinkets?

Will definitely do the archmage quest and get in LFR a few times (and watch some videos of the heroic raids) before I reapply.

Also, do you have a average DPS you are looking for regarding raid members? My demo lock is still struggling - albeit without much gear. I've been testing rotations/talents/esp. demon makeup and am starting to get around 15K-20K dps, but I imagine even for single target fights you will be looking for a bit more in heroics. Does the Friday/Monday raid group typically raid normal or heroics? I will assume heroics since your alts are likely pretty well geared by now as well.

My plan would be to raid in the Friday raid on casual as a resto healer or balance dps - and then when my lock is ready I would bring her for dps if/when needed. And after learning the fights - I could be a sub in the Tues/Thurs raid in some rare cases where you really need somebody and I don't have a super early day at work. Basically just want to see the content outside of LFR madness, have fun with friends, don't really care about gear: will defer to regular raiders there.

draven

Post by draven » May 12th, 2015, 10:10 am

Jon wrote:Whoops, got caught up in Caps hockey on Sunday and didn't log in and out with my resto PvE gear.
it has been a good series, the game tomorrow should be exciting.
Jon wrote:The only PvE gear I have better than iLvl 660 PvP are a helm and a trinket, however. I assume you'd rather see PvP 660s vs. PvE 655 in every case besides trinkets?
correct, generally higher ilvl will be better. stam trinkets are obviously not helpful for pve, and once you complete the archmage quest you'll have a 680 ring instead of the 620 one so you should be set gearwise.
Jon wrote: Also, do you have a average DPS you are looking for regarding raid members? My demo lock is still struggling - albeit without much gear. I've been testing rotations/talents/esp. demon makeup and am starting to get around 15K-20K dps, but I imagine even for single target fights you will be looking for a bit more in heroics.
nope, other than to meet dps checks. if i recall correctly, the dps check in heroic highmaul (butcher) was ~20k. in blackrock foundry there are several fights with more emphasis on target priority rather than overall dps. if you're so inclined, you can read more about that here:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=4816
and here:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=4881

i generally judge overall dps relative to others in the raid, but that is skewed by gear and various roles in an encounter, and i'm usually more concerned about people handling mechanics properly anyway. it is pretty obvious when dps is an issue, but generally it isn't a problem, and theoretically the more you raid the better you'll get. learning is fun and practice makes perfect.
Jon wrote: Does the Friday/Monday raid group typically raid normal or heroics? I will assume heroics since your alts are likely pretty well geared by now as well.
it has been a while since we've had enough for the alt raid, to the point where i stopped putting up invites. i'll put one up for friday and see if we can get enough interest.

Jon

Post by Jon » May 12th, 2015, 11:27 am

Ok, thanks Jeff, and sorry for making you spend time reviewing pvp gear :/. I'm out on vacation the next two Fridays so please don't spend time unless others are interested as well. When I'm back I'll hit you up in game to see how I could help you on the organization front. I saw Ovechkin at the mall yesterday, he was just chilling eating some mall sushi. I didn't want to bug him after Sunday's loss.

draven

Post by draven » May 12th, 2015, 12:17 pm

sounds good, have a pleasant vacation :)

i wouldn't have thought that mall sushi was game 7 fuel, but he guaranteed a win so we'll see how that works out. he's been pretty ridiculous at times during the series, although it's weird to see him actually play defense. the pens had a burrito place they always went to and that seemed to work out ok.

Jon

Post by Jon » May 12th, 2015, 10:42 pm

ok, all set - in PvE gear even.

'All series, baby, all series' - we'll see what he can do in NYC. It should be entertaining at the very least!

draven

Post by draven » May 13th, 2015, 12:25 am

Jon wrote:ok, all set - in PvE gear even.
good work! please get your shiny new ring enchanted when you get a chance :)

Jon

Post by Jon » May 13th, 2015, 7:31 am

Yes, as I laid down to bed, I realized that! I should change my gamertag to #eternalnoob