guild server transfer?!?

guild news, policies, and raid information
ZanZ

Re: guild server transfer?!?

Post by ZanZ » May 6th, 2017, 11:56 pm

draven wrote:
Tsuni wrote:Ya my only concern with Dalaran would be the eastern time on the server.
same, it may not be an issue on a higher population realm, but among the reasons why i want to get off our server is that the majority of people on the server aren't available to raid during our raid times.
oh shizzle, forgot about that

pvtpile

Post by pvtpile » May 10th, 2017, 8:35 pm

Felinfused Alliance!

pvtpile

Post by pvtpile » May 11th, 2017, 6:22 pm

El Jeffe!!!! (probably not...)
Make Raiding Great Again :lol:
Insurgent Alliance
http://www.nickyee.com/python/guildname/generator.py

draven

Post by draven » May 11th, 2017, 7:30 pm

heh, the first one that it came up with for me:
Order of Dirty Rotten Alliance

that's sort of like forged alliance ;)

pvtpile

Post by pvtpile » May 11th, 2017, 7:41 pm

REFRIED ALLIANCE!

pvtpile

Post by pvtpile » May 13th, 2017, 1:56 pm

Ahtem

Post by Ahtem » May 15th, 2017, 6:17 pm

Draven's Home for Imaginary Friends?

Ahtem

Post by Ahtem » May 15th, 2017, 7:49 pm

Exiled Alliance!

pvtpile

Post by pvtpile » May 15th, 2017, 10:19 pm

The Dead Server Refugees

pvtpile

Post by pvtpile » May 29th, 2017, 2:37 pm

Hey there Steven.

Game Master Gekintia here. Thanks for reaching out to us today! I hope that your day is going well thus far.

Provided that I'm reading everything right here, it looks like there was a bit of an issue with this request to free up a guild name! I can feel where you're coming from here, and the frustration with running into this issue in-game like this is definitely valid. I've been playing WoW since 2004, and a few other MMOs since before then, so I know from experience how annoying it can be when issues like this pop up and prevent you from getting things done.

That being said, this is a bit of an uncommon request, but it is one that we can help with under certain conditions. Looking over that other guild, it does indeed appear that all members are inactive. As such, I've gone ahead and freed up that guild name on Proudmoore. If you would like to transfer to Proudmoore, your guild should be able to do so now!

Thanks again for reaching out to me, and don't hesitate to reach out to us again for help if anything else comes up! Have a great rest of your day!

To review your ticket, please follow the link above. If your issue has been addressed, you'll be able to resolve the ticket. If the issue is not yet resolved, you can file a response with additional information.

If you do not resolve the ticket or provide any further response within one week, the ticket will be resolved automatically and you'll receive a final update via email.

draven

Post by draven » May 29th, 2017, 2:54 pm

good work being way more proactive than i have been, avoiding all of the trouble of trying to decide where to go under what name, and officially making this idea official. we'll need to sort out when to schedule the transfer, at the moment i'm thinking after the raid tuesday or maybe later in the week.

pvtpile

Post by pvtpile » May 29th, 2017, 2:56 pm

I'm making a place holder guild right now

draven

Post by draven » May 29th, 2017, 2:59 pm

ps: and thank you as well :)

pvtpile

Post by pvtpile » May 29th, 2017, 3:11 pm

roar of victory!
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_052917_150911.jpg
(14.93 KiB) Not downloaded yet

draven

Post by draven » May 30th, 2017, 10:42 pm

psa: it has been suggested that making a backup copy of your wtf folder is helpful so you can transfer addon settings more easily. i'll try to post an update on that when i figure it out.

draven

Post by draven » May 31st, 2017, 9:27 pm

psa part deux: some character transfer information is here:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/articl ... r-Transfer

probably most notably, the gold limit on a character transfers is 250k per character. i have not seen anything about a limit for guild banks, so i'm assuming that there isn't one. if you want to transfer more gold, don't want to mess around with auction house shenanigans, and trust me not to steal your gold (i promise i won't steal your gold), we should be able to transfer your stockpile relatively easily assuming we track things properly. if anyone is interested, please let me know and we can sort something out.

draven

Post by draven » June 1st, 2017, 10:30 pm

greetings! the guild transfer has been initiated. it should theoretically be complete by tomorrow. thank you all for your feedback on the subject, your patience with my procrastination, and once again to mr. pile for being proactive about acquiring the guild name on proudmoore. good times were had on azgaharadestrolord, and hopefully they will continue on proudmoore, but this is still a bit weird.

draven

Post by draven » June 2nd, 2017, 7:27 am

greetings! the guild transfer is complete. everyone should have an in game mail that includes a link to the character transfer page. two restrictions i ran into were the gold cap and having a caged pet in the guild bank. the error message they presented was pretty generic and not helpful, so hopefully everyone is able to sort things out relatively easily.

again, you should make a backup of your wtf directory. i'm still trying to figure out how to restore settings and stuff after transferring, but copying:
[wow directory]/WTF/Account/[account name]/[realm]/[character]/
to
[wow directory]/WTF/Account/[account name]/Proudmoore/[character]/
will get you part of the way there. i had some trouble with macros, i suspect the timestamp on the file may affect how it is handled. i'll see if i can figure it out over the weekend.

also, for those not transferring the guild bank on azgaharadestrolord was reset so there is only one tab now, theoretically permissions have been restored, but if you have any issues please let me know.

Kalyst

Post by Kalyst » June 2nd, 2017, 5:28 pm

Hi.

Welcome to US-Proudmoore! Here's what I recalled when transferred several years back:

A. Make a copy of the WTF folder.
B. Follow Draven's instruction from the previous post to rename the "old-realm" folder to Proudmoore.
C. Login to WoW and stay at the character selection screen to change character's name, if needed. DO NOT load into the game. Then exit WoW.

In order to avoid reconfiguring each addon, here comes the tedious part of editing various files to replace "old-realm" reference to Proudmoore. Make sure to use a text editor (i.e. Notepad), and remember to save each file after editing.

1.[wow directory]/[WTF]. Open Config.wtf file
1a. Change SET realmName "old-realm" to SET realmName "Proudmoore"

2. [wow directory]/[WTF]/[Account]/[account name]/[SavedVariables]. Open every single .lua file
2a. Search for "old-realm" and replace each match with Proudmoore

Good luck!

draven

Post by draven » June 2nd, 2017, 7:27 pm

greetings! thanks for the info kalyst!

additionally i've discovered a few more things:
1. for any addon with a profile system (grid, tell me when, dbm, etc) it is probably easiest to go into the profile settings and copy the profile from your original realm.
2. i can confirm the time stamps on the text files in the source directory:
[wow directory]/WTF/Account/[account name]/[realm]/[character]/
make a difference. i was able to restore my macros and chat settings from opening the same file in the proudmoore directory:
[wow directory]/WTF/Account/[account name]/Proudmoore/[character]/
and copying the contents from the old file over and saving. the game seems to only read from files newer than the last time you logged in.
also, i'm not sure that notepad will work due to line endings, you may need to use notepad++ or another text editor, or figure out how to copy the files directly without preserving the timestamp.

disclaimer: it occurred to me that i've been copying around my wtf folder for at least 10 years and i'm pretty sure that it's structure has changed over time, so you may not have the same files that i do.