Valthalak

guild news, policies, and raid information
ilure

Valthalak

Post by ilure » January 8th, 2007, 4:10 pm

Lets kill this bitch.To some of you he's an old nemessis...He is the final boss of the .5 upgrade chain. You can summon him in the beast rm of ubrs. http://www.wowwiki.com/Tier_0.5http://w ... Completing the chain yields epic helm and chest equivalent to tier1.(stat wise, no resist)Yeah xpac is less than 10 days away, why waste time/money for this guy/qwest chain?Number wise we are frequently at 10-13 ppl online, too many for 5 mans, too few for 20. This can spice up ubrs a bit more. Since 5 mans are the next big thing after xpac, many qwests leading up to Valth has you running the 5 mans but with summonable bosses.  These bosses have much better loot tables than the regular bosses, plus the loots are unique, not many ppl have them. Lots of new ppl in the guild, so it could be fun running the 5 mans, this time with some purpose.At the conclusion of the chain, we can summon any of the new bosses whenever we run those instance, scholo, strat, dm etc.Any better loots will help us level in xpac.Personnaly i dont need the loots off this guy or from the qwest completion, I just  wanna kill him, bad.Looks like theres better strats up, and i can farm for shadow pot mats, we CAN KILL THIS FUCKER.I think it'll be nice to have a little bit of a goal toward the tail end of this version WOW.

Hardwigg

Valthalak

Post by Hardwigg » January 8th, 2007, 5:17 pm

You have too much free time at work.

Mahnalor

Valthalak

Post by Mahnalor » January 8th, 2007, 10:39 pm

I'm game to down this guy! Anytime :)  I have the ability to summon him as well.  In the last strategy I read about him, he shouldnt be too difficult... shouldnt...

TIggerstYle

Valthalak

Post by TIggerstYle » January 9th, 2007, 8:51 am

At the conclusion of the chain, we can summon any of the new bosses whenever we run those instance, scholo, strat, dm etc.What do you mean by this, if it means we can run into Strat and summon baron without any of the trash im in for sure :)

ilure

Valthalak

Post by ilure » January 9th, 2007, 10:58 am

Yes TJ, when yer done you can summon hakkar into your bedroom w/o dealing with trash and have your way with him.from wowiki On completion of the final step you gain access to all four of the summon's from step four (Kormok, Jarien and Sothos, Mor Grayhoof and Isalien)So they are additional bosses you can summon, like how we summon Valth in beasts room.

TIggerstYle

Valthalak

Post by TIggerstYle » January 9th, 2007, 3:12 pm

Sweet id make that big snake my Bitch :)

Gathgor

Valthalak

Post by Gathgor » January 9th, 2007, 8:15 pm

I'm in the middle of the upgrade quests and working on the second main part so I am up for doing this.  Let me know in game.  I still need to get some of my dungeon 1 gear to turn in though so would need to do some basic 5 man stuff.

Krikor

Valthalak

Post by Krikor » January 10th, 2007, 8:21 am

Count me in on this run, I just need stupid shoulders from strat and then I have the whole set of Shadowcraft, but still need those for the upgrade. But i will be there to kill this guy, so let's do this.

TIggerstYle

Valthalak

Post by TIggerstYle » January 10th, 2007, 8:51 am

Tig still needs the chest off of Drak and legs off of Baron, i really wonder if the .5 upgrade is worth pursuing with BC out in a week.

Gathgor

Valthalak

Post by Gathgor » January 10th, 2007, 2:15 pm

I noticed last night when I got my tier 0.5 gloves and belt after finishing the quest that they are not as good as a coupld of the nice level 58-59 defense gear stuff that I got out of UBRS!  Hmm, maybe it isn't worth it to go farther.  Cost me a nice 80 gold to do that part of the quest too.  And those bracers of Heroism suck compared to that nice purple you get from the Primal Hakkari Armsplint!  I'll still help any guildies with these quests though. Robert

Mahnalor

Valthalak

Post by Mahnalor » January 10th, 2007, 3:09 pm

Ilure and I are on the last part of this chain which requires defeating this dude.  Honestly, if you arent already close to this part, it isn't worth it... Lot's of time and moolah spent on this quest line can better be spent doing the BC stuff once it comes out.I'm still game for giving him the only smackdown though! :)